1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Charge Release Date

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by danDroid, Apr 25, 2011.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

The Droid Charge is scheduled to release April 28th, who's going to pick one up on launch day?
  2. LT*

LT* New Member

Noooope...

I have an upgrade to use, but the price and specs just don't match.
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

And it would be nice if samsung actually updated their phones...the facinate is still waiting for Froyo.
  4. LT*

LT* New Member

and also this
  5. camaroguy41208

camaroguy41208 New Member

I just saw an article on droid life that said they are postponing the launch due to the 4G outage.

You've been...... Thunderstruck!
  6. IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381 New Member

Its on hold now due to the 4G outage, even though 4G has been restored.
  7. AstroBoy

AstroBoy New Member

I'm in a Vzw store playing with a live charge. Pretty nice phone. A bit longer than the tb, but not too bad. Screen is gorgeous.

Feels a bit lighter than the tb as well. No word when it is for sale.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  8. IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381 New Member

I was on the phone with VZW today and asked about the Charge, and the rep said the phone is still in their system and *may* still be released today. The rep was all excited about the Charge and seems to think it is better than the TB. He was disappointed he couldn't order it at midnight.
  9. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

Most reps dont know squat. If you read the forums and articles, which most reps dont, then you already know more about these phones then they do.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Ghostt

Ghostt New Member

May 5th is the latest rumored release date, which isn't at all bad imo. One of the phones biggest selling points is 4g, and releasing in the midst of an outage probably wouldn't be smart.
  11. Droid101

Droid101 Member

May 3rd or 5th. The 3rd has been mentioned the most. The 5th was only seen once. And there's already phones on display at various stores. So if you ask me I would say Tuesday is the most probable. Tomorrow is when confirmation of the 3rd or 5th will be released internally.
  12. Fuglly

Fuglly New Member

I was just in verizon, held the charge, compared it to the thunderbolt, have to say I like the charge more. Colors are MUCH MUCH nicer on it, plus its lighter and battery life is better from what I've been told. Also was told that it would more then likely hit the shelves tomoro on the 3rd. Rep rumor but none the less it what seems to be going around the most on the forums and in the store.
  13. brian1972ca

brian1972ca New Member

I just read on Twitter that Costo was told NOT to begin selling it tomorrow....ugh, another delay.
  14. Fuglly

Fuglly New Member

welcome to the world of release dates :icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing:
  15. Droid101

Droid101 Member

I dont see what the hold up is? I am surprised verizon wouldn't want the phone out sooner rather than later.
  16. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

I had the chance as well tonight to check out the live demo unit. I know the store managers at my favorite VZW locale and they were told to pull it off the floor, again today with no reason.

Now I bought the ThunderBolt on launch day, the phone was super fast solid weight to it, but once you added the extd battery it bulked up a bit. The Charge is super light with stock battery and even with an extended battery it will be lighter, I may get the extended just to add some weight to it.

As mentioned above the screen is STUNNING, it was like a plasma tv in my hand and given the same 480x800 I could care less what apple calls their display it kicks it arse big time.

I can also say what gives on the hold up especially given that the Verizon stores HAVE INVENTORY sitting in their stock rooms, waiting for someone to actually get off their arse and release it. Seriously if they drag this out so it can be "on a Thursday" someone needs to get fired.

All in all, I have stayed away from Samsung, but this has me at the door ready to go, the only thing I want to know is how long before we can get a nice ROM or AOSP ROM so we can get Touch Wiz out of there.
  17. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Considering how it already has been rooted and the bootloader is completely unlocked I dont forsee a very long wait time.
  18. Balthazar B

Balthazar B New Member

Strictly a guess, but I think there's a firmware patch being prepared to roll just after general release that fixes some issues VzW found related to LTE. Perhaps the same kind of LTE-3G handoff issues that have screwed up the TBolt.

Well, go ask the usual suspects if they're planning to roll Charge ROMs/kernels. Start with the Galaxy S developers, and then move on to CyanogenMod et al. and see if it's on their roadmaps.
  19. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Good point, but that will have to wait until its out to see who develops for it.
  20. Trenton

Trenton New Member

+1 I keep looking for a place to buy...i keep hearing about people buying them from target and radioshack because the employees messed up and sold it. hah
Search tags for this page

droid charge release date