1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Charge opinions

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by mad3963, Mar 31, 2012.

1. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

VZW offered me a free Droid Charge to add a new line on my plan. I have always liked this phone when looking at it in-store. I placed the order, but the phone is temporarily out-of-stock. I have been told this phone has a lot of issues and bad reviews. Rather than reading a lot of static reviews, I would like to hear from some actual users directly. Should I go ahead with the purchase? Pros/cons? I know battery life is not great, aside from that, what are the downfalls of this device?

I have had plenty of experience rooting my OG Droid, DX & Inc2. Will rooting and custom ROMs improve on any of the cons for this device?

Thanks to all for your input.

Mark
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I had one for about two weeks and sold it because the battery life was terrible.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. biggles

biggles New Member

Pros: awesome screen, good camera, 4g
    Cons: crappy battery life (due to 4g), not getting ics, bloatware, limited internal storage, slow interface (my wife's Droid Incredible 1 is faster in most ways)

Screen is best part, but phone is not recommended.
  4. JSMaxwell

JSMaxwell New Member

I Like Mine

If you are in to rooting and hacking I think you will like it. Mine is rooted and I have Tweakstock installed. The custom ROM makes all the difference. Not bloatware, nice and fast, battery life is no problem. I unplug it at 6:00 in the morning and plug it in at about 9 or 10 at night and have no problem making it through the day. For free I would say it is not a bad deal if you put Tweakstock on it.