Droid Charge opinions

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by mad3963, Mar 31, 2012.

1. mad3963

mad3963 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    VZW offered me a free Droid Charge to add a new line on my plan. I have always liked this phone when looking at it in-store. I placed the order, but the phone is temporarily out-of-stock. I have been told this phone has a lot of issues and bad reviews. Rather than reading a lot of static reviews, I would like to hear from some actual users directly. Should I go ahead with the purchase? Pros/cons? I know battery life is not great, aside from that, what are the downfalls of this device?

I have had plenty of experience rooting my OG Droid, DX & Inc2. Will rooting and custom ROMs improve on any of the cons for this device?

Thanks to all for your input.

Mark

2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I had one for about two weeks and sold it because the battery life was terrible.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. biggles

biggles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pros: awesome screen, good camera, 4g
    Cons: crappy battery life (due to 4g), not getting ics, bloatware, limited internal storage, slow interface (my wife's Droid Incredible 1 is faster in most ways)

Screen is best part, but phone is not recommended.

4. JSMaxwell

JSMaxwell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I Like Mine

If you are in to rooting and hacking I think you will like it. Mine is rooted and I have Tweakstock installed. The custom ROM makes all the difference. Not bloatware, nice and fast, battery life is no problem. I unplug it at 6:00 in the morning and plug it in at about 9 or 10 at night and have no problem making it through the day. For free I would say it is not a bad deal if you put Tweakstock on it.