Droid Charge Official Gingerbread Leaked; Netflix Compatible

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-charge-gb-leak.jpg

An official version of Gingerbread for the Droid Charge was recently leaked. This version even has support for Netflix. The only thing it seems to lack is support for HDMI output. Here's a quote from AndroidPolice with excellent instructions and download links:
DROID Charge Gingerbread Leak Flashing Instructions [WINDOWS ONLY]

Download Instructions:

1. Download the ROM and Flashing Utility from this page.
  2. Extract the large ROM file (it’s the 300+MB .7z file) using 7-Zip. Do not place it on your SD card.
  3. Next, you’ll need to install Odin.

Installing Odin (a custom Samsung software flashing utility):

• To install Odin, extract the SamsungFlashingUtility.7z file using 7-Zip
  • Install all four utilities, this includes:
  • Samsung_USB_Driver_For_Mobile_Phones
  • VIA USB Drivers 2.3.5.WithMux
  • SamsungPST SCH-I510 For Verizon (extract again to get the MSI)
  • SamsungPSTLite FW Setup (extract again and run setup.exe)

To actually run Odin, run "Samsung PST [Lite]," which should appear as a newly installed program.

Flashing Process:

1. Put your phone into download mode, to do this:
    • Power down your phone.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Plug your phone via USB into your computer.
    • Hold the Volume Down button
    • While holding Volume Down, reinsert the battery and wait for the phone to display a boot screen saying "Downloading" or something similar.
    • If no boot screen displays, while still holding Volume Down, press and release the Power button.
  2. In Odin, un-check ‘F-Reset Time’ and ‘Auto-Reboot’ (on the left).
  3. Also in Odin, click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file that you downloaded and extracted.
  4. Make sure that your phone is recognized by Odin (a yellow COM# will be shown in the box).
  5. Press Start, and allow the flashing process to finish. If it fails, retry using the same procedure outlined above. If it passes, unplug the USB cable, remove the battery and reinsert it, and power on your phone.
Get the Netflix apk here and install it (you’ll have to enable non-Market apps in the ‘Application’ settings menu.)
The original leak came from TeamBlackHat and P3Droid over at MyDroidWorld, but was rather exclusive, and required a purchase of a TeamBlackHat app. A developer named r2doesinc over at Rootzwiki decided to offer up a more "general-public friendly" version. Of course we must mention the usual disclaimer to be careful and follow the instructions precisely so as not to "brick" your phone. DroidForums can't be held responsible if you booger it up. For those knowledgeable and brave enough... Enjoy!

Source: AndroidPolice and Rootzwiki and MyDroidWorld

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this buils was 2.3.3 i

it is not the official release for vzw as a newer build has been given a ewer build.. release date is still unkown

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm still waiting on my thunderbolts ginerbread. ;(

that release is coming but only fixes part of those issues... my advice is dump the bolt and grab a charge.. you may actually have a device that works properly at that point