Droid Charge Lagging Badly

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Carrera, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Carrera

Carrera New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (CONTINUED) THE FIRST PART HAD A PREMATURE LAUNCH TO POST

I make sure the apps are frequently ; killed so that most of the time only 1 to a few are running ( although some will continually restart). But if Their is unused RAM and lots of storage memory. why would the apps slow it down and slow it so that the phone is difficult to use. I also, clear the cache and optimize what I can. I do have beautiful widgets running but even when i change to a static wallpaper their is little change. the other strange thing is that of all of a sudden it will start running fine but only for a while.

HELP!!

2. Carrera

Carrera New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Part 1 - The original part 1 launched before I was finished and seems to have disappeared into cyberland.

I purchased my Droid charge the day it was released. I do not know if their is a limit to the amount of apps which can be in the phone (as many as possible have been moved to the SD card) I have 150 Apps installed in the phone. It has ~50 MB of RAM and Googols of storage remaining. So, i do not see why the number of apps would cause the problem which is such a serious lag in the phone that it has become difficult to use. It can take a full 1-2 minutes to populate the Home Screens and open other apps. I do have Beautiful Widgets adding to the background.

Please see my 2nd post to complete the symptoms, observations, and more info
    regarding the problem.

3. rj57

rj57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found that putting even 1 app on the SD card is enough to start slowing things down. Its Samsung's RFS (Real F***ing Slow) file system at work, I suspect. When I moved all of my apps back to the phone and put GO Launcher on, it got a lot better.

Sent from my SCH-I510

4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    or you could just flash VooDoo and get rid of the real f slow file system.....

5. whiteblazer01

whiteblazer01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's very interesting, I just recently starting putting apps on my SD card, and the phone is slow and laggy. I'll try moving everything back over to the phone.

6. rbess1965

rbess1965 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Move from TW to Go Launcher EX and never look back:) First load the app 'HomeSwitcher' so you can move between both but once you see how fast Go Launcher works and how customizable it is, you'll never move back. Once you're satisfied with the move, make sure all the widgets on TW are removed so they can't run in the back ground and delete all the pages but the one.

For battery savings, make sure all 3 location services are turned off (VZW, Google & GPS) and Background Data is OFF. They have their purposes and you'll quickly find out what they are, but it has been a sure fire way to get 22hrs of basic use out of my phone. The Charge has it's issues but no more than any other Brand out there and I'm really liking it now with Go Launcher.

Search tags for this page
droid charge moves slow

droid charge running slow

how to optimize droid charge
optimize droid charge
samsung charge is so slow
samsung charge slow response
samsung droid charge running slow
samsung droid charge slowing down
samsung droid charge sluggish

why is my droid charge so slow