Droid Charge Email Settings

kellygh

Reaction score
My husband just got the Droid Charge. Unlike my Incredible, when in email & go to settings, there is no place to check/uncheck 'delete mail from server.' My husband said the IT guy @ work told him this is not an option on this phone. Say what???!!! On one of the newest phones, you have no option to customize basic email settings? Can someone verify that for me? I am hopeful someone will tell me the IT guy is wrong, and this very annoying issue can be resolved. Thank you very much!

J9Bink

Reaction score
I have the same issue. The Droid Charge only can archive up to 200 email messages. This is unacceptable for a business application. I'm returning mine. I am very disappointed.

rexd1976

Reaction score
My husband just got the Droid Charge. Unlike my Incredible, when in email & go to settings, there is no place to check/uncheck 'delete mail from server.' My husband said the IT guy @ work told him this is not an option on this phone. Say what???!!! On one of the newest phones, you have no option to customize basic email settings? Can someone verify that for me? I am hopeful someone will tell me the IT guy is wrong, and this very annoying issue can be resolved. Thank you very much!

I am realizing this also. This is CRAZY!!! Probably the most disappointing thing I've discovered. Don't mean to be dramatic, but I'm confused about how they could not have a setting for this. VERY STRANGE!!

rexd1976

Reaction score

I have figured it out!!! Have you yet? If not... you have to remove the account, then add new account, then select other, after typing in your email address and password DONT hit NEXT.... hit Manual instead!!! Then it gives you all the choices you're supposed to have. UNCHECK the box, use VERIZON EMAIL GATEWAY

RockXP

Reaction score
What email are you guys hosting...gmail, yahoo, hotmail, exchange?

rexd1976

Reaction score
What email are you guys hosting...gmail, yahoo, hotmail, exchange?

I was trying to set up a Roadrunner email account; When I let it auto configure it didn't give me the options to leave messages on server. i had to manually set it up.