1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Charge camera issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by nubcat01, Apr 21, 2012.

1. nubcat01

nubcat01 New Member

A co-worker and I both have the droid charge and we both have an issue with our cameras. His started a month ago, mine started two days ago.

Every time I go to take a photo with the flash on, my phone immediately shuts down. I have to pull the battery out to get the phone going again. If I take a photo without the flash, it works ok but now I can't take photos in darker places, it's quite frustrating.

Is there anyone else who is having this same issue or knows how to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. nubcat01

nubcat01 New Member

Never mind, I see a post regarding the camera issue on a previous post. I guess there's no fix for it. Verizon got me with another junk phone again!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. cliffhoops

cliffhoops New Member

My android charge camera started to have the same issue 4/24/12. Once the camera shuts down/locks up after taking a camera flash picture, I have to connect to a charger to get it to come back to life, even though the phone is completely charged.
  4. jackmydog

jackmydog New Member

I have had various camera issues. Same as you describe with "lock-ups" and recently the pics do not save to the gallary. I have to either shut the phone down completely or take out the battery. I so hate this phone.:mad:
  5. scottph3

scottph3 New Member

Thank GOD it is NOT just me

I have had this same issue from the first day I had the phone but because it was sporadic I chose to let it go. The one year warranty is ending Nov 5th and I have missed soooo many moments with my granddaughter because by the time I pull the battery and reboot the moment has passed and I have lost the pic. I am so frustrated. I called Verizon last week and told them I have been with them since 1998 and of all my phones (and this is my 3rd or 4th Droid...and I stayed with the Droid when I could have switch to iPhone) THIS one has been the biggest let down and I am over it. Also the battery drains at such random intervals. One minutes it will say I have 50% and then it is dead. So the store calls verizon. They want to do a diagnostics. They tell me I have too many programs apps on my phone (half of which came on the phone I might add) and that I was running too many in the background and that was causing the battery drain. I said, OK. well lets not even talk about that. Lets get back to the flash/camera issue. That acted like they had never heard of the issue. And of course, in the store I could not emmulate it for the guy. So last night, I try to take a pic and it does it again, I am so frustrated. So they want to log into my phone tomorrow and do some diagnostics check. Today I google the phone name, with flash camera issue and found this thread. SO I don't know that I found answers...but daing it at least I KNOW now that I am not crazy! thank you for that!
  6. jackmydog

jackmydog New Member

Wow - can't believe someone found this thread! Somehow - don't know how it fixed itself. However - it is still a dog on the battery. I hate this phone. I am counting the days until I can get a new one. The worst apps are the email, Facebook and the WWW browser. So other that that Mrs. Linclon, how did you like the play?
  7. tkopta

tkopta New Member

Mine does it constantly as well. But get this, the last time I took a pic, and it didn't freeze, my screen had a pleasant bluish hue to it that lasted for a good while. Woe is the Droid Charge user...woe.
  8. tkopta

tkopta New Member

Mine does it constantly as well. But get this, the last time I took a pic, and it didn't freeze, my screen had a pleasant bluish hue to it that lasted for a good while. Woe is the Droid Charge user...woe.
Search tags for this page
camera on droid charge not working

droid charge camera

droid charge camera failed

droid charge camera issues

droid charge camera problems

droid charge problems

droid charge shuts off when taking pictures
how to fix camera on droid charge

samsung charge camera

samsung charge camera failed

samsung charge camera problems