Droid Charge Benchmark

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Ned, May 16, 2011.

1. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since you are coming from a black berry device, chances are you won't even notice it.
  2. elucid

elucid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems like more of a benchmark issue than something you will actually notice. I suggest playing with one and deciding based on that.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    When it comes to real world use, the file system is only one aspect of the phone and probably won't be that noticeable because it won't be used extensively like it does during a quandrant test. The quadrant test puts all major aspects of the phone to the test and I think he is saying the the low quandrant score is caused by the weak file system Samsung has decided to use.

To me for the phone to score that low, I'd say that the file system used was just one of the problems because that score if very low. My old D1 overclocked at 1GHz can put up better quandrant scores than that and the hardware wasn't designed to sustain the kind of stress I put it under. From my personal experience I would notice the sluggish performance right aways simply because of what I'm use to. When I installed Gingerbread on my D1, I noticed that my phone lost some of its fluid movement and started to show signs of sluggish transitions. That was one of my deciding factors for upgrading along with the fact that I was tired of stressing out my CPU to make the phone perform to my standards. Now I have a TB that outperforms my overclocked D1 as I had expected without adding any additional stress to the CPU. You too will have a great phone in the Droid Charge that will easily shine over your black berry that you are coming from.
  4. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agreen in regards to test driving the phone first

That all depends on the individual, as a rooted user running custom ROMs, I've become accustom to everything being responsive and smooth. When I play with my DX and D2G, which are excellent phones to own by the way, I notice that performance was starting to become sluggish for reasons I couldn't quite explain, so I opted to put 3rd party overlays on the phone that restored the responsiveness and smooth transitions that I'm accustom to.
  5. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    We have all these dual core phones that are putting up these phenomenal quandrant score numbers and I'm so impressed with my TB's overall performance that I find it hard to believe that these first generation dual core phones will display any noticeable speed improvements over my TB especially since the android O.S. isn't designed to maximize the potential of dual core phones.

Basically I think these phone manufacturers are selling us a dream right now with these dual core processors whose potential won't become a reality until the android O.S. is able to take to make full use of the dual core processors.
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Dual core or more ram most likely be used in the near future for...

-more advaned launchers (the new Sense, 3d launchers, etc)

-advanced 3d gaming (tegra zone, etc)

-memory intensive multitasking operations of future OSs (ice cream sandwich)

-more advanced apps (possibly advanced video audio editing, who knows)

One of the reasons that smart phones can't totally take the place of a computers yet is because they cant perform advanced memory intensive operations like a computer or an xbox can because of hardware limitations.

If one just wants to surf the web, check email, play angry birds then 1ghz single core or low ram is fine.

Sent from my fascinate