Droid Charge battery life awful

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by salilsurendran, Aug 24, 2011.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Samsung Droid Charge and battery life barely last 10 hrs with Wi-Fi and GPS turned off. I have the display set at 1 minute. But I don't use the phone that much during the day. The battery usage say it is the display that has used the maximum amount of power but the brightness is set to a very minimal level. Email notifications are set to every 15 minutes. The only thing left is to turn off mobile data.

2. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You think 10 hours is awful? That's incredible for a 4g phone. If you turn off mobile data when you're not using it battery becomes even better

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

3. salilsurendran

Ratings:
    +0
    I need 4g only while browsing. Any way I can turn it on only when browsing without having to go to the notification panel each time. Any settings in native android or any app that does this?

4. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Depends on if you mean just 4G or data in general. There are apps that turn off data if you connect a specific wifi network or area.

5. salilsurendran

Ratings:
    +0
    No I am thinking. If an app wants to connect to a server and get data it turns on 4g and after that shuts it down. But doesn't leave it on all the time. I haven't set any app to do push notifications.

6. Arkbird

Ratings:
    +62
    Well that's interesting. There might be an app to allow you to do that but if 4G isn't on, does this mean 3G is on or do you want all data turned off? Thats what I'm asking.

7. salilsurendran

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I need to be able to receive phone calls and texts. Don't care if it is over 3g. I guess 3g takes a lot less power than 4g. But I would like to use 4g only for browsing like if I open a browser or Market etc.

8. Arkbird

Ratings:
    +62
  9. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Phone calls nor texts go through the 3G or 4G network, they are used for data only. I use the pull down menu and disable Mobil Data and WiFi when I'm not using them. I Only leave the one I'm using on when I need it.
    Is Email retrieval necessary every 15 minutes? The less you can have it cycling the longer your battery will last.

10. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Simple solution. When you're not using your phone for a prolonged period of time, turn off mobile data. That's what I do and it seems to help. Also, hacking is another battery booster ;)

11. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally i would just flash a new Rom. Im using humble and get great battery life. I use a screen filter app that to quickly toggle the brightness if im in heavy sun light. just getting ride of all the preloaded Verizon bloatware helps. Also make sure you calibrate your battery.

12. paulg

paulg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  13. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. paulg

paulg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    look and felt big at first but not bad after a day or so of having it. well lost power at 9:30pm sunday night while charging std battery which was dead...put this one in at 9:30pm sunday still had 18% on wednesday morning (on the whole time) using it as phone,internet and mobilehot spot for laptop. Now even though i used it alot i was also carful shutting down data and all that while not using it to conserve battery. i charged it at work wednesday afternoon and then put STD battery in. i use it in case i know i'm going to be without a charging avenue...most i've gotten out of STD battery with mild/moderate usage is 12-13hrs. well worth the $30 shipped...even as just a back-up

15. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya it's hard to say if that is good battery life or not. If your using it as hotspot through out the day then that is pretty good. i might have to check it out. I'm getting about 12hrs on the stock battery with heavy use but no use of the hotspot. With light use I have got up to 21hrs. Thanks for the info.

Search tags for this page

how to save battery life on samsung droid charge

how to save battery on a droid x2
save battery on samsung charge