Droid Charge After A Month

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by WenWM, Jul 1, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    [​IMG]

After using the Droid Charge for a month, I thought I should do a quick review. This phone is the cornerstone of Verizon's LTE speed and Samsung's hardware capabilities.

Hardware:
    The hardware on this phone is certainly not lacking. The device has a great vibrant 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus display that left me extremely dissatisfied with my current phone and also brought me to the decision that I need a new phone that has that same screen and I went out and bought a Galaxy S II just to get the Super AMOLED Plus display. The screen is simply amazing; every color looks purely magnificent, and the blacks are just amazing.
    The phone feels light in hand, which in this case is a bad thing, because it's the cheap light not premium like we'd like it to be. The phones body is made out of some sort of plastic with a glossy back that gets easily scratched but not a finger magnet.
    The Camera isn't the best regardless of it being a 8 Mega-pixel camera, the pictures were a bit granny, but the single LED flash was pretty good at low light conditions. Videos came out looking pretty good thanks to the 720P capability. The front camera was actually really good when video calling friends, the 1.3 Mega-pixel resolution made for pretty decent quality when calling.

Software:
    This phone has some decent, not that great, software pre installed. Samsung didn't over stuff this with bloatware, but didn't go lite either. The phone has some useless software that might make using it a tide less fun. Unlike most other Android phones, Verizon locked this one's WiFi tethering capabilities and makes it so you have to pay to use it. This makes the software on this phone much less impressive in comparison to the competition.
    TouchWiz is no Sense UI. The interface does not have a lot of really amazing animations, or really nice layout, nor does it have the smoothness of pure Android. Samsung basically belt something unattractive, slow, and useless, and put it on their phone for no apparent reason. I think this phone would've gained a lot if Samsung made it a pure Google experience, or maybe they should also go back to the lab and get some help like HTC did with their Sense and SBP as assistance to help develop something new.

The phone did not really have great software, but the hardware and fast speeds left me still pretty in love.

Would I recommend this device? Yes, if you've come to the conclusion that this is better than the Thunderbolt, then sure, I'd go for it.

Droid Charge Vs. LG Revolution

#1 WenWM, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. audiored

audiored New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only had the phone for 2 days now. But I do think it is overall better on the things I need than the HTC Thunderbolt.

The screen and camera is so superior to the tbolt.

3. Import roller

Import roller Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I was going to get the Charge, but my GF just got it about a week ago, so I'm gonna wait for the next best phone to come out (whatever it will be)

4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love this phone. I kinda wish I still had my LG revolution though. Loved that thing but for some reason I had ridiculous problems with it. I would try to turn it on after having it off and it would turn on and the screen would go black and the only way to fix it was a factory reset ( this happened to 3 different revolutions in like 12 days) I love that this phone is rest light and sometimes I barely notice its in my pocket. Still very much miss my revolution though

Sent from my droid charge