droid charge 4g keeps dropping on me.

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Ryanasap, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ryanasap

Ryanasap New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When Im using my droid chaage the 4g randomly goes out on me and won't even connect to 3g. Won't connect to wifi either. Anyone could help me out please ????

2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Hi Ryan, welcome to the forums! Maybe we can help.

Is this a recent problem? I believe it may be a problem with the phone and it might need to be replaced. Do a factory data reset. That is the most extreme measure Verizon will do to fix your phone (it is their final solution to most everything). If that does not fix the problem, try taking it to a Verizon. Maybe they have discovered a fix that they did not have when we had that problem. This is what happened with our Charge

My son has my Droid Charge (was originally mine.) I had no problems with it and he did not at first but a few months ago I had started noticing that he was barely using any data (he has limited 4gb of data which I check because if any of my kids go over, it would be him). He also lives in a strong 4g area. I finally asked him why he wasn't using any data and he said because he could not connect on 3g or 4g and had already gone to Verizon twice to fix the issue with no success. Each time they tried several things and ended up doing a factory data reset.

By this time the phone was already past its one year warranty but when he first tried to fix the problem it was not. I called Verizon, explained the situation, they looked and saw that he was not using any data and agreed to replace it even though it was already past warranty. He has had no problems connecting at all with his replacement.

Hope this helps or at least gets you started on a solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

3. Ryanasap

Ryanasap New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!! i will try what u told me

4. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Your welcome! Keep us posted. We are pretty good at putting our best efforts in to fix problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

5. cbl0419

cbl0419 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here!

I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I do not think it is the phone as I have googled this and we are not the only ones with the problem. It drives me insane because it drops 4g almost every 10 seconds and comes back on for 10 seconds and then back off again. The problem is, it doesnt even try to go to 3g nor is there a way to manually switch it to 3g. I don't know who your provider is but I am with Verizon so not sure if it is the service, the phone needing an update to fix this, or what. Its a pain though. Its really annoying when you see that it is on and right when you try to click on the internet or facebook or something it turns off. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Search tags for this page
4g keeps dropping on samsung
droid bionic keeps dropping 4g
droid charge 4g issues
droid charge wont connect to 4g
droid keeps dropping 4g
no 4g samsung charge
samsung droid charge 4g problems

verizon 4g keeps dropping

why is my samsung galaxy note 3 wifi connection keep on drop
why my verizon chargekeep 4g