Droid Cases

st3V3

Reaction score
I have been having major problems with my droid and finally after 2 visits to Verizon they said it was a manufacturer problem and I am having a new phone shipped out to me. I try to take good care of my phones, this one I was doing good until the past few weeks when I had dropped it about 3 times and the picture will show "some" of the damage..

Photoon2010-10-10at15173.jpg

So before this new Droid gets here I want to know what you guys have found to be good options for protecting it. I had a screen protector on this and it did wonders, but I am thinking about using the Shield Zone Screen Protector this time, but what have you guys found to be good cases or covers for the exterior? As you can see I do tend to drop it from school in a machine shop, being an outdoorsman, working on my car, etc.

I know some cases get in the way of the slide out keyboard and didn't know if people had trouble with this? Or if anyone has used the "Shield Zone" full body cases. Perhaps a pouch or some other alternative to a case.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use a case so I can not make any recommendations. Have you looked in the accessory section of the Forum?

OP
S

st3V3

Reaction score
I do not use a case so I can not make any recommendations. Have you looked in the accessory section of the Forum?

Didn't even know this forum had one.

I am on any of like 10 different forums, so I kinda get confused...
NASIOC
DirtyImpreza
ScubaBoard
ScoobieMods
ElectroTech
Plus a few more...

Cazio

Reaction score
I got my wife the body glove for her droid 2 and I got one for my droid X. I got them from a local verizon store they are $30 but they are really nice and both of us recommend them.

Cazio

nubby

Reaction score
Liked the Body Glove when it was new. Now after a few months of use, the outer layer is peeling from the plastic. It is also pretty bulky, which I didn't realize until I started removing it.
Glad you like it though. Just not for me.

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
What ever you do DON'T buy the leather case that is held closed with magnets, Verizon store sold me one and said that is what most people are buying for the droid x. well the magnets kept lighting up my screen , I could not figure what was doing it for about a week, then found it was indeed the case magnets. Went back to the store and showed them and they said "gee, thats the first time anyone has had that problem" gee sorry, no box or receipt can't give you a refund. It also screwed up my home screen until I booted up twice...Beware..

OP
S

st3V3

Reaction score
This is the OP

I actually ended up going with something I have used before, the Zagg Shieldzone Full body case. I have had it on for about 3 weeks with no problems, I love it for the fact that it keeps the same size as stock, fits in my bedside dock, and gives me better grip. I wanted a case to give some real all around hard protection but have heard many cases interfere with the slide out keyboard.

dlhoude

Reaction score
Droid Cases - Watch Out For

As you search for a case, keep in mind what else you might want to use your Droid with. One of the cool accessories out there is a docking station. If you choose to use your Droid with a docking station, you need to get a protective case that is going to work with it. I made the mistake of getting a protective case and then not being able to use the station without taking the case off. I found a screen protector solved my problem though, and so now I can drop and recharge while still getting protection for my Droid

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Case Logic at WalMart

For someone who would like a case that the Droid 1 or 2 slips in to, that is pocketable and not with a bulky clip for the belt, Case Logic makes (or used to make) a leather case, with a strap that keeps the phone securely in the case, attached to a velcro pad (no magnets). It is pricey, abt $19 at WalMart. The phone slides into the case from the top, and the fabric strap serves to keep the phone in the case when stuck to the velcro tab, and lifts the phone out of the case when needed. The phone is completely covered except for the top, and the strap can pull the phone up a bit to see if the blinking light is on, indicating a voicemail, text or email. The Droid 2 fits well into the black case, but we found a purple case and the phone fit in too tight. We rigged up fixture using dowel rods to stretch the case after wrapping it in a wet towel. After being stretched overnight and drying out the next day, the phone fit into the case nicely. I can't find the case on the Case Logic website or I'd reference it. It protects the phone well, ringtones and beeps can be heard easily when the phone is in the case, and there is plenty of cushioning to protect the phone if dropped while in the case. There is a strap on the back of the case with a snap button so that the case can be used on a belt if desired. I wish Case Logic would make one without that strap. Don't use it, don't want it, I just keep the phone in my pocket.

vicio19

Reaction score
Leather case with Velcro Closure

What ever you do DON'T buy the leather case that is held closed with magnets, Verizon store sold me one and said that is what most people are buying for the droid x. well the magnets kept lighting up my screen , I could not figure what was doing it for about a week, then found it was indeed the case magnets. Went back to the store and showed them and they said "gee, thats the first time anyone has had that problem" gee sorry, no box or receipt can't give you a refund. It also screwed up my home screen until I booted up twice...Beware..

Hi Michael, I found this web site which offer all the leather cases with magnetic closure and Velcro closure, the name of the website is fortte and has leather cases offering protection for your cell phone:)

pat3ck

Reaction score
You can always go with Seidio for a protective case without adding much bulk. You can also buy a screen protector if you do not like any case.