Droid can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbine

Reaction score
...currently support SVG, which absolutely SUCKS because some amazing javascript developer wrote an open source javascript app that takes Flash, converts it to SVG and allows it to be viewed on the iPhone.

Via clever javascript we have been beaten.

Flash is coming to the iPhone, thanks to Gordon

http://paulirish.com/work/gordon/demos/

The good thing is, as this is new I highly doubt it has been implemented on too many websites.

Boo. :p

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Umm, this is kind of irrelevant isn't it? Flash is coming to the droid soon.

It's taken 4 years for iphone to get a half baked flash, we get it in about 6 months.

...currently support SVG, which absolutely SUCKS because some amazing javascript developer wrote an open source javascript app that takes Flash, converts it to SVG and allows it to be viewed on the iPhone.

The good thing is, as this is new I highly doubt it has been implemented on too many websites.

aacanela73

Reaction score
It also doesn't make me coffee. Damn droid.
Now thats what I am waiting for. I'll use the voice app and say "I'll have mine with cream and sugar please, not milk." Then i am in droid heaven!

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score

It's taken 4 years for iphone to get a half baked flash, we get it in about 6 months.

Not really irrelevant, if you look at everyone saying that Droids will be able to view Flash before iPhones. :p

I love my Droid to death, just showing a weakness. SVG support would be awesome and the javascript that guy wrote is amazing. No need to get so defensive. :p

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i really wish it wasn't possible to start threads "droid can't" "droid doesn't" or i "hate my droid" "returning my droid" "back to iphone" blah blah blah

it really gets on my nerves. is there a way to block threads you dont want to see?

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
i really wish it wasn't possible to start threads "droid can't" "droid doesn't" or i "hate my droid" "returning my droid" "back to iphone" blah blah blah

it really gets on my nerves. is there a way to block threads you dont want to see?

Yes, I believe all you have to do is not click on them.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ummm wrong...they're still in the active topics ;) better yet maybe i should "click" on you:D buh bye:)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

LOL, this was my first thought when I read the OP. All things told Android has made a LOT more progress in far less time that the iPhone and it looks like this will continue to be the trend.

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
ummm wrong...they're still in the active topics ;) better yet maybe i should "click" on you:D buh bye:)

How to ignore a user on the forums

If my thread upsets you that much, feel free to use the link above.

Anyways... I'd love to see SVG support within Android at some point. Imagine being able to view vector graphics on websites that scale to browser size.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Droid will be able to view flash before iphones.

iphones don't support flash, and wont. This is a markup that tries to integrate flash into java. Have you seen this work and does it work on every website that uses flash? Because I think this is the ultimate goal. Native support, and droid will be way ahead of iphone.

Theres already video of flash on the droid, so I guess it is on the droid first?

Not really irrelevant, if you look at everyone saying that Droids will be able to view Flash before iPhones. :p

I love my Droid to death, just showing a weakness. SVG support would be awesome and the javascript that guy wrote is amazing. No need to get so defensive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.