Droid Can't send or receive data and deletes homescreen

Roflcopter

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here, but seem to be experiencing some problems with my Droid.

It was working normally all night, but then I tried sending another text message and it wouldn't go through. I tried 3 more times and it failed each time. So after that I reset the phone and when it turned back on, the 3G indicator was missing, the only thing that showed up was the signal strength. so I tried turning airplane mode on and off, and pulling the battery, but that still doesn't have any effect.

Also, after looking around in the settings for a minute, I go back to the homescreen to find that it is completely empty. The background is still there, but all of the apps I had set up there are gone.

The phone is completely stock. haven't rooted it or overclocked it or anything. I didn't do anything differently today other than mounting it to my PC to get some pictures off of it and connected it to the dock I just got today. Don't really want to reset it, but I have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :icon_ cry:

masterxchief

Reaction score
Restarting the phone will bring back your homescreen. Are you using any task manager/killer ? My homescreen problem stopped after I uninstalled my task manager. The 3G issue could also be caused by the same thing because there is some hidden Motorola task that if killed turns off your phone signal for a bit.

If you aren't using a task manager then check if other people with Verizon get 3G signal where you are. And if they do get signal then I would try uninstalling any new or necessary apps to see if it remedies the issue.