Droid camera review - WIN

markmicallef

Reaction score
I come from 35 years of SLR'S and 10of those are DSLR'S. If you take your time and use good lighting you can get good results. They won't touch a dslr or even a decent point and shoot, but it's a phone! I'm happy with it for what it is.

bobmundo123

Reaction score
i prefer my old lg dare camera phone.. honestly.. it takes slow pictures.. and quality isn't outstanding..

chaostheory6682

Reaction score
I am greatly disapointed with the camera on my droid. It takes fine stills and video in sunlight but dim the area a little and the picture quality drops significantly. It seems unable to take pictures in area's where my Dare did fine. One of the main reasons I bought this phone was for the supposed better camera with dual flash, and It is unable to handle area's that seem adequately lit to the eye, but come out completely black and or coarse on the camera. The video is all but impossible to use in a dim environment. I have to use my led droid light program, turn on the video camera and stick it within about 2 or 3 feet of the object i"m trying to film for the camera to even pick anything up, even though the flash has the area lit up fine. The camera on this phone derserves no awards in my opinion, because it only works in one type of environment, and that's a well lit one.

Last edited:

ofrhythm

Reaction score
the friggin flash doesn't come on when you take a video in the dark. thats my beef with the droids camera

gentlefury

Reaction score
the camera on the droid is the worst and slowest ive used in a long time. i would rather not take a picture at all. if the subject has motion to it, dont even bother.

my 2yr old samsung flipshot takes much better pictures

Try out Vignette app...it takes fast pictures and they really look good...it exposes better white balances better and has some actually useful filters!

I just took these photos today with my droid using Vignette for all of them.

Picasa Web Albums - Richard - Vasquez Rocks...
Picasa Web Albums - Richard - agua dulce vi...

cyber3d

Reaction score
That was the weirdest review I've seen in a long time. I don't think they even looked at the test pictures. I love my Droid but, come on, the evidence is there for all to see.

sstamilio

Reaction score
Does the paid version zoom? I tried the free version but it doesn't zoom, the pix look great so far.