droid camera issue

strebend

Reaction score
just got my droid 2 weeks ago, and noticed that my camera was doing something very strange this past saturday. the pic below is the best way to begin describing. i've powered down, cleaned the lens. this is using the native camera app. the camera view is like this immediately when switching to the camera. video does the same thing. Any ideas? is the camera borked? thanks dave.

9B8BDE01-DFA2-4E4C-5628-2873F17E122B.jpg

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Just covering basic questions. Did you take off the protective film cover from the camera lens after getting it?

Just looks like there is something interferring with the light coming through the lens.

If you look in the lens do you see any thing, oil discoloration, dirt, water, etc.?

Does it look this way on the viewscreen?

OP
S

strebend

Reaction score
Just covering basic questions. Did you take off the protective film cover from the camera lens after getting it?

Just looks like there is something interferring with the light coming through the lens.

If you look in the lens do you see any thing, oil discoloration, dirt, water, etc.?

Does it look this way on the viewscreen?

Thanks for replying legalkill.
- protective film is off
- don't see anything in the lens
- it does look this way on the viewscreen (in both camera/video mode).

also - wasn't like this when i first got it. pics were fine until i noticed this saturday evening. no known drops, bumps, liquid infiltration.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Since you are 2 weeks old, I would have verizon take a look at it before the 30 days pass.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like something from the psychedelic 60's.:) I agree with the previous poster, take it back and get a brand new one.

warrior21

Reaction score
I've read where a couple of other guys have had the same exact problem and swapped out their phones

OP
S

strebend

Reaction score
Looks like something from the psychedelic 60's.:) I agree with the previous poster, take it back and get a brand new one.

and after a 30 min online chat with 2 motorola techs, that's what they said too. i bought from wirefly (for $29!!!), i'll probably have to send it back to them and wait for a new one. sigh.