Droid camera fix - what we know now

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You have to hold the button down for a second or two. You might just have a defective button on your phone.

Correct, hold down the button until you feel the haptic feedback, about 1.5-2 seconds, and the camera app will open. This is to keep you from accidently opening the camera app all the time when you unknowingly hit the button. It is not a defect, but another smart design feature of the Droid.

cgarnes

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a defective unit, because the camera button was so "not right." Lots of times, I took photos of my sexy left palm (entirely by accident, I assure you), but when I WANTED to take a photo, the darned button was totally inoperative.

It's all over now. VZN replaced my handset, and my new phone is totally fine. No issues at all.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
You got that right! YESSSSSS!

The Droid and I are going shopping today. This thing does EVERYTHING but let the dogs out and wash the dirty dishes, lol.

Oh, and the laundry, do you think there's something wrong with my Dirty Laundry.app?

:icon_ devil:

...yours doesn't do your dishes? Damn dude, I think you got another defective unit. Mine is washing the dishes right now.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
You got that right! YESSSSSS!

The Droid and I are going shopping today. This thing does EVERYTHING but let the dogs out and wash the dirty dishes, lol.

Oh, and the laundry, do you think there's something wrong with my Dirty Laundry.app?

:icon_ devil:

...yours doesn't do your dishes? Damn dude, I think you got another defective unit. Mine is washing the dishes right now.

Mine does my laundry every other day!

shelleyk

Reaction score
I agree...I think the camera on the Droid is really bad! I am very disappointed with the camera. Grainy, out of focus, takes too long to be able to take the next picture, horrible in dark parts of a lighted room.....not impressed at all with it. I had the blk berry storm for a while and oh my gosh, it was a beautiful camera and video camera. Thought for sure the Droid would be at least the same if not better. I wonder if I should take it back while I still can with no penalties to get a different droid? Maybe mine just has a defective camera? I love my droid....or at least the idea of it!

mjs31

Reaction score
I agree...I think the camera on the Droid is really bad! I am very disappointed with the camera. Grainy, out of focus, takes too long to be able to take the next picture, horrible in dark parts of a lighted room.....not impressed at all with it. I had the blk berry storm for a while and oh my gosh, it was a beautiful camera and video camera. Thought for sure the Droid would be at least the same if not better. I wonder if I should take it back while I still can with no penalties to get a different droid? Maybe mine just has a defective camera? I love my droid....or at least the idea of it!

You have camera issues by the sounds of it. The camera is pretty bad in doors in low light, but otherwise it is pretty darn good. Should not have much out of focus unless you are moving and if you prefocus, it should take a picture pretty quickly when you full press it. The delays until the next picture can somewhat be helped by some apps in the market. BB Storm camera was not that good....really. The video on this phone should also be very good for you...double check your settings.

I will say that the low light images bug me and I wish they would tweak on this. Daylight pictures are outstanding. I also use 3rd party apps for my pict taking so I can take pictures pretty quickly.

Reaction score
You have camera issues by the sounds of it. The camera is pretty bad in doors in low light, but otherwise it is pretty darn good. Should not have much out of focus unless you are moving and if you prefocus, it should take a picture pretty quickly when you full press it. The delays until the next picture can somewhat be helped by some apps in the market. BB Storm camera was not that good....really. The video on this phone should also be very good for you...double check your settings.

I will say that the low light images bug me and I wish they would tweak on this. Daylight pictures are outstanding. I also use 3rd party apps for my pict taking so I can take pictures pretty quickly.

What 3rd party app do you use?

gwol

Reaction score
I use Camera Zoom FX and love it. Neat features and very fast. Also has great customization and special effects. Use this in combination with PicSay pro.