DROID camera button, melted...

fr4c

Reaction score
I can't wrap my ahead around how the candle could've melted the button too. Unless the candle was knocked over...

Sweettooth

Reaction score
He may be referring to the candles that you place on a heated plate (i.e. no wick) and since those have to get hot enough to melt the wax they could, over time, warp plastic. Strange though, given the size of an average kitchen table, why anyone would feel the need to place one in such close proximity to a phone.

Sorry for sounding like an crime scene investigator romulus. :)

bbtkd

Reaction score
ROFL, it not covered by Motorola , but if you have Asurion insurance you can shell out the deductible and get a new Droid, however they are backorded at the moment. good luck

-=Jason=-

And the reason they are backordered - perhaps - is that they're still replacing the 750 employee phones that VZW bricked in the failed update two weeks ago...

zakany

Reaction score
The insurance will replace your phone, bt it has a $90 deductible. If it were me, I'd see if the phone still works well, then I'd try to do something with the button. This is your opportunity to have a Droid with a really unique camera button.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Remove button
2) Put something BAMF in there like a smashed penny from the zoo
3) ???
4) Profit

rutger1413

Reaction score
I would say find a broken one on ebay and follow the tear down procedure and replace the button....That is if it is cheaper than your insurance. Also not that by going through your insurance, you will get a refurb that may or may not be the same build quality that you currently have.

Not trying to scare you, just informing you.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Next time install SetCPU on your candle and set a profile to knock it back when it gets too hot.

Sorry had to post just because this made me "lawl".

Smashed penny from the zoo wtf? lol

"Hey mom can you take this picture of me and Dad? ... er.. no you're doing it wrong. Mom we went over this before. You have to press the smashed penny button. It's the only button that looks like a smashed penny this can't get any easier..."

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the ones where it smashes the penny and puts some badass picture of a tiger on it with the zoos name around the edges. Pure awesome.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Ah okay now I know for sure what you mean. The ones you have to pay .75 cents to a dollar in ADDITION to the penny.. so $0.76 for them to smash your penny and advertise their name?? lol

I guess if you can smash it and put a tiger on it, why can't Droid make it fit? Droid does!

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
well since your parents carelessness is the cause of the damage, i feel they are responsible for the deductible when you call asurion to get a replacement.
Seems fair enough to me