Droid cache clear problems

Mike274

Reaction score
I have recently had a lot of problems with my Droid RAZR. It has been very slow and lagging, and I am having a lot of signal or lack thereof issues. I am also having connection issues among other things i.e. apps freezing and stuttering. I have performed all app updates and this has not helped. All of this has been fairly recent and any help would be greatly appreciated. My questions are as follows:

In the past I have been able to wipe the cache partition via the recovery mode (Power-Up/Down keys press). Also in past this seemed to help with my issues. However lately I have been unable to access this function. When I hold the power-up-down keys the phone does go to the menu, but when I highlite the "recovery" option and hit the up volume key the phone displays a droid bot lying down with a red triangle and exclamation point over the open door of his belly. The phone then appears to freeze in this mode for between 2 - 4 minutes (it varies), and stays in this mode until the phone finally decides to boot up and turn on. Pressing any of the phone keys does not change this pattern. I have tried several times and get the same results.

Am I doing something wrong or is the phone in glitch mode.

I will post additional info to assist you if needed.

Phone: Droid RAZR
Android Version: 4.0.4

Thank You