Droid! Broken!??

Greyboi

Reaction score
OK I need someones help ASAP! I got the incredible tried to root it right away. Yeah that wasn't such a good idea. Used a whole bunch of programs and stuff that I am not too sure about and now am being told by verizon that I need to take the phone back. I get to the Hboot screen try to factory reset it switches to the screen with the green arrow and reboots. When I turn on the phone it freezes after the HTC Incredible scene at a black screen. Any Ideas would be great cause I need a phone now and not a week from now like they told me I would have to wait. Any help is much appreciated.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You could try flashing the stock software through hboot. Sd card needs to be formatted to fat32. Then rename the file to "PB31IMG" put it on your sd card and boot into hboot. The phone should ask if you want to update and there will be a list things it will update. Push vol+ to accept and then leave the phone alone untill it asks if you would like to reboot. During the flashing process the phone will reboot and seem like it is starting over, don't worry about it. Wait untill it asks if you want to reboot.

http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip <-- File that needs to be renamed and placed on SD card.

WillisD

Reaction score
You could try flashing the stock software through hboot. Sd card needs to be formatted to fat32. Then rename the file to "PB31IMG" put it on your sd card and boot into hboot. The phone should ask if you want to update and there will be a list things it will update. Push vol+ to accept and then leave the phone alone untill it asks if you would like to reboot. During the flashing process the phone will reboot and seem like it is starting over, don't worry about it. Wait untill it asks if you want to reboot.

http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip <-- File that needs to be renamed and placed on SD card.

I'm not new to rooting just new to the inc, how do you know how your memory card is formatted?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Enable usb storage and right click the sd card drive. Should see a format option. Click it and it will say what it is formatted to.

WillisD

Reaction score
Enable usb storage and right click the sd card drive. Should see a format option. Click it and it will say what it is formatted to.

Thanks alot, just doing a little research before I root my inc. Still have a lot of reading up to do on this phone. Alot different than my previous droids. Thank for your guide to rooting, nice write up.