Droid Boot animation problems :(

Haloid95

Reaction score
Hey guys im new, and trying to make my first boot animation just to test it. I cant get mine to work, i attached can you please tell me what i did wrong.

Thanks

mediafire: bootanimation.zip

canvs2321

Reaction score
after a quick check, you have .jpg files named as .png, that could be your problem

*plus you can remove the thumbs.db that windows left in your part0 folder

**plus plus i think you have compression set on your .zip make sure you package it on Store

Last edited:
OP
Haloid95

Haloid95

Reaction score
i thought making it .png would change it lol :). How do i change them to .png? sorry im a noob thanks for the help

canvs2321

Reaction score
just use an a freeware app, i use IrfanView, and just open it and press Save As and change the extension

canvs2321

Reaction score
and you can use jpgs in the animation, i'm just not sure how mixing pngs and jpgs work, i know 100% that using 100% pngs works and using 100% jpgs work, but i dunno about a 70%png 30%jpg etc works

OP
Haloid95

Haloid95

Reaction score
ok thanks. But do you know how to change them? And is there any other problem with it. Cuase i tried deleting thumbs and it still doesnt work.

canvs2321

Reaction score
what do you mean change them?

Also remember when zipping up the file to not use compression just store the files

i can change the copy you uploaded with the changes i think need done and reupload it to see if it works for you

OP
Haloid95

Haloid95

Reaction score
I didn't see one of your posts, i understand now. But can u make the changes just so im sure? Thanks so much for all the help by the way

canvs2321

Reaction score
Another thing too, the Resolution is set reallllllyy small, i tested it on my droid 1 and it had about a 1/4in on the sides in, and 1in top and bottom are black.

but here's the zip i tested

++The last 5frames that were JPGs is a Blur, i knew to expect it so i saw it, but it was on screen for around
1/5 of a second.

Once you start to learn the workings of the desc.txt file you'll get the hang of this in no time

i remember writing a long post about it, but even since i wrote that it has changed a bit, with sounds
and such, but i don't think the og droid does sounds

Last edited:
OP
Haloid95

Haloid95

Reaction score
Thanks so if i make it bigger, how much pics of the same things should i put so it stays a long time?

canvs2321

Reaction score
OP
Haloid95

Haloid95

Reaction score
i have no idea so i better start reading about it thanks man

Edit: that made so much things clearer