Droid Bluetooth/Wireless-device Sniffer/Scanner/Finder?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hateborne, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hateborne

hateborne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I am wondering if there is any way that a Droid app may allow a user to scan for Bluetooth devices, wireless-ready devices, or anything of that nature.

We have a mystery device connecting to our network using a spoofed MAC address and a stolen username/password. It is resolving as either an iPhone or some type of smart phone (via linux tool nmap). Our server logs and RADIUS just list a MAC address and the user. The device gives no host name each time.

Essentially we have a bored individual or a virus-ridden device. Either way, I would like to know if there is anything else I can do (using the Droid) to aid in the search. WiFi Analyzer was very useful in finding out we have a wireless access point that has literally 5x the strength/range of the others.

Any other apps, programs, source code, and/or code examples that I could use? I don't mind trying to build an application through Java, I just don't know enough about Bluetooth (and it's calls/stack/etc) to produce it in a timely fashion.

-Hate

2. _internet_pirate_

_internet_pirate_ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Os monitor.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

android bluetooth hack

android bluetooth sniffer
android sniffer
android sniffer bluetooth pin