Droid/BlueAnt

cmz

Reaction score
I just got this phone and it won't pair with my blueAnt.....Any help out there???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got this phone and it won't pair with my blueAnt.....Any help out there???

I had no problems. Put it in pairing mode, push the button on the Blue Ant and say pair.

Is this a Blue Ant Q1 you're talking about?

Technomad

Reaction score
Try pushing all three buttons simultaneously on the Blue Ant to clear out the previous devices and then pair as usual. This worked for me.

BuffaloBartman

Reaction score
I got my SuperTooth to pair - but prior to the Droid, I could press the green button on the BlueAnt and it would access the phonebook (this was with HTC Touch Pro). I don't have that feature now with the Droid. I just get a low-tone beep

???

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I got my SuperTooth to pair - but prior to the Droid, I could press the green button on the BlueAnt and it would access the phonebook (this was with HTC Touch Pro). I don't have that feature now with the Droid. I just get a low-tone beep

???

The Bluetooth stack for accessing internal phonebooks via BT headset etc in the Android OS is currently disabled by Google due to "poor performance". Hard to believe these fancy smart phones are so dumb when it comes to real HandsFree BT dialing via a headset, but it is reality.

On a separate note BlueAnt is releasing a new Android app for the Q1 Headset that voice prompts you (with phone number of text messge) when you get a text message and actually reads the message to you via the headset. Cool stuff and will be released on the Market April 1st. It is already being passed out at the CTIA show to the attendees.