Droid / BlueAnt F4 Interphone motorcycle kit performance review

flightmedic571

Reaction score
I have the BlueAnt F4 Interphone Motorcycle Kit to work with my droid and consolidate my toys. so here is my 2 cents.

1) Price, Was able to find the single unit package on eBay from a seller named “mrhit” for $160 with free shipping came in 3 days shipped.

Review: Can’t beat same day free shipping below MSRP!

2) Installation, after charging, it was an easy hook up to the helmet with no apparent damage. The speakers are just behind the chin pads and I pulled the chin pad cover off and put the microphone bar behind it for a nice clean installation. It took maybe 15 minutes.

Review: Straight forward without as much as a trip to the toolbox. And I have been riding for a week with no damage to the helmet and it is still rock solid on the helmet after a few “spirited rides”.

3) Pairing, The packaging says it pairs with up to 8 Bluetooth devices I hooked it to two just to see if I could. But the hook up to my droid was as easy as any other Bluetooth device you have.

Review: It took literally seconds. As for hooking to others on the intercom it was just as easy, just push the big button. And it came with a business card size color pocket guide for review later should you be out on the road and wants to do something new with it. Just put it with my registration bag.

4) Battery life. Have not reached the limit yet, But I strongly believe it will outlast the phone.

5) Performance:

A) Phone, very clear and haven’t had to ask someone to repeat anything. Most people don’t know I am on the bike. The volume controls are large buttons on the unit easy to control with gloves but I have only turned it down. It has a built in control for the volume. Gets louder the faster you go.

a) Review: Super! It takes priority over the other functions so it rings over and you simply reach up and tap the big button and say hello. Now it is a personal decision to ride and talk on the phone. I don’t call anyone just answer and if its “involved” I pull to the side. As a flight medic I am still torn on this.

B) Music, I can play my MP3s but I listen to Pandora radio mostly. It is clear and will pause when the phone rings and then pick back up where it was when I am done with the call. As for the radio obviously it won’t pause it.

b) Review: the aforementioned automatic loudness control will actually get toooo loud but I controlled this on my phone and with a few rides have hit my happy spot.

C) Global positioning device (GPS), says it will hook up to any Bluetooth GPS device but I have mine hooked through my Droid, gives you directions over the music loud and clear.

c) Review: Works just as you would expect it to.

D) Intercom: “Two-up” riders will argue that this is the most important option. I ride a Ducati Superbike with one seat so this was talking to other operators.

d) Review: rider to rider hookup takes both to stop what they are doing and syncs them but it was a quick trip to the pocket card and we were chatting at to each other at red lights no problem.

OK final notes, the unit does everything I want it to do, answer the phone or make calls with my helmet on, listen to music on my ride, and use my turn by turn talking GPS option. However even though my Ducati is a loud motorcycle, DO NOT forget people WILL hear you talking. So telling your buddy to check out the hotty in the red convertible will get heard by the hotty in the red convertible and anyone else.

now if anyone knows of a rechargable Bluetooth radar detector.

_33

Reaction score
Great review!

My buddy who rides just got a Droid. I'll direct him to this thread. Thanks!

pwillikers

Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

I often ride with a crew of others. A limitation of this device is that the intercom will only pair with one other interphone. Why not more? I guess that's a question for the Interphone manufacturer.

tedhartman

Reaction score
Droid-x 2.2 and the F4

I am unable to use voice dial with my Droid-x running 2.2. My iPhone worked prefectely with the F4. What is up with the Droidx or do I have other issues. Afer the droid prompts for a command, it seems like it does not hear the command at all or returnes a response form left field. I have tried this in my house and it stll does not "hear".

Can anyone help with this issue?