Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

akhi216

Reaction score
I believe the best evidence of an issue with LTE as it concerns Motorola is the fact that the Xoom doesn't come with the equipment already installed.

+1

Sent from my PG06100 using DroidForums App

It_Is_Boogie

Reaction score
I am not really so concerned about the DB and the problems. Vz has a notorious testing phase for any devices on tbheir network. So if the DB is as bad as he is saying, it won't make it on Vz without changes. Could be the reason the Atrix is available on AT&T and the Bionic is nowhere to be found. Not even a release date. Vz has said 4g devices will become available in the 1st half of 2011. That means Moto has until at least June to fix the problem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Why are people assuming something is wrong... The Atrix is working fine I have not heard any complaints. I had hands on with it and it work fast there was no lag and no overheating.. People that I know that have the Atrix said that they have not even had problems with the battery it last for about 8hrs using it during daily use. It made me want the Bionic even more.. There is nothing wrong with the The Bionic. This phone was said to be released in 2nd Q. So we have from April to June for this phone to be released. We all just need to wait patiently for it and lets not get crazy like the Thunderbolt people...

corymcnutt

Reaction score
Why are people assuming something is wrong... The Atrix is working fine I have not heard any complaints. I had hands on with it and it work fast there was no lag and no overheating.. People that I know that have the Atrix said that they have not even had problems with the battery it last for about 8hrs using it during daily use. It made me want the Bionic even more.. There is nothing wrong with the The Bionic. This phone was said to be released in 2nd Q. So we have from April to June for this phone to be released. We all just need to wait patiently for it and lets not get crazy like the Thunderbolt people...
The Atrix and the Bionic differ in one MAJOR area - LTE. The Atrix is working on ATT's old/new (whatever they want to call it) network. The Bionic has to function on Verizon's new, untested (as far as phones go), LTE network. Verizon all but came out last week and said they were working on a few problems concerning the Thunderbolt; and it would only go to reason, the Bionic as well. These phones have to send voice over 3G and data over LTE - they need it to work smoothly or ATT will have a field day in the media and Verizon would have a lot of pissed off customers.

akhi216

Reaction score
The Atrix and the Bionic differ in one MAJOR area - LTE. The Atrix is working on ATT's old/new (whatever they want to call it) network. The Bionic has to function on Verizon's new, untested (as far as phones go), LTE network. Verizon all but came out last week and said they were working on a few problems concerning the Thunderbolt; and it would only go to reason, the Bionic as well. These phones have to send voice over 3G and data over LTE - they need it to work smoothly or ATT will have a field day in the media and Verizon would have a lot of pissed off customers.

+1

Sent from my PG06100 using DroidForums App

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Great Point!!!

Skull One

Reaction score
The Atrix is working fine I have not heard any complaints.

What about the discussion concerning the fact that the 4G side of the Atrix isn't even turned on yet? And I can't wait to see if someone gets the bright idea to sue because it is being sold as a 4G device "in limited areas" when there are no areas.

wingdo

Reaction score

What about the discussion concerning the fact that the 4G side of the Atrix isn't even turned on yet? And I can't wait to see if someone gets the bright idea to sue because it is being sold as a 4G device "in limited areas" when there are no areas.

Technically, 0 is limited. :icon_ goofy:

UNC

Reaction score

I am pretty sure that the Atrix uses AT&T's HSPA+ network and that network is available over all of their towers... The Atrix uses the same type of network as the MyTouch 4g and G2, I don't think it uses 2 different radios, meaning if it connects to "3g" at all, it is actually connecting to what AT&T is calling "4g"