Droid Bionic's Display Technology... Last Of A Dying Breed?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thats what I assumed also..I think he was just asking for clarification.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad igot my phone when I did then. This screen is what a -phone- screen should be. You can actually use it without fear that every minute you have the screen on is five minutes sooner that you need to find a charger. I love not having to find a way to charge my phone halfway through the day.

Not to mention daylight visibility even with my polarized sunglasses.

When I'm worried about nothing but the image quality, I'll look at tablets, I prefer my phone to function as a phone. I'm somewhat saddened that moto may be pandering to the haters on this issue. I personally applaud their effort to concentrate on letting their phones be phones. Guess I'll have to be happy with my d3 until a new phone comes along that can match the screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
...his screen is what a -phone- screen should be....

Really helpful post. I've had kind of the same inclination, and it's great to hear someone who owns the phone basically validate that. I've been trying to talk myself into waiting since GPA17 has my D1 running pretty good now, but you might have convinced me to just pull the trigger because, honestly, nothing coming out the next few months is going to be more than a very marginal upgrade over the Bionic, maybe with the exception of the camera.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^I agree. Some HTC phone can come out with a current cpu clocked to 1.5ghz but how much faster is that really going to open my dialer or text app for example? I'm not sure I would notice !

bigdad63

Reaction score
^I agree. Some HTC phone can come out with a current cpu clocked to 1.5ghz but how much faster is that really going to open my dialer or text app for example? I'm not sure I would notice !

You'll probably be able to notice when you are running the more sophisticated (complex cpu intensive) games. It should be a smoother experience.

bigdad63

Reaction score
The Bionic pentile screen sux, that's why the technology is being replaced en mass and I'll blessedly never have to look at that wire mesh screen again.​

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You'll probably be able to notice when you are running the more sophisticated (complex cpu intensive) games. It should be a smoother experience.

Right now nothing really even pushes this phone enough to use the second core much. I doubt this will happen any time soon!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

I can see that, but for people who don't play such games, or even watch much video, more power is overkill.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time. I've brought up concerns on the quality and accuracy of WenWM's posts, but they're just ignored or deleted. I realize English probably isn't his first language, but that doesn't keep you from using spell check or getting your facts straight.
Just bring it up and move on. No need to dwell on spelling if you understand what's being said. It takes away from the point of the thread and just gets everybody off topic.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Yea, you are distracting people from bashing the Bionic's display man! I know I havent had nearly enough of that!