Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by danDroid, Jan 11, 2011.
I like this. I have been thinking of a way to say this for months. Nice.
I also agree with what he said!!!
Also, to add to what I said before: Although I'm not currently experiencing stability issues and my D1 is usably fast, I am with you in saying I can't wait to replace this thing. Mainly because I crave to have the speed and features I've experienced on my Nexus S on my 'main phone'. I'm opting for the Bionic because it will deliver a speedy, smooth experience with a nicer screen and a front-facing camera, allow me to play the next-gen of games that are in the works for Android (Nvidia's throwing their weight behind the platform and offering a game store, Android's SDK and NDK have been updated to allow better and higher quality games to be made, EA Games is continuing to show interest, Sony is trying to further Android gaming as well with the Xperia Play (Playstation phone), a games-on-demand service is being launched, Onlive is coming to Android, etc. etc. etc., it's an exciting time for Android gaming), and I'm confident in the choice because not because I am simply an Android fanboy, but because Android offers everything I want at this point and in a way that I find appealing. Basically, I'm very pleased with it, and while I could get an iPhone this summer and have more or less the same or similar features, (That is, assuming the i5 will have a dual-core CPU and LTE) I'm happy with Android and see no strong reason to consider switching.
My advice would be to find someone with a quality, high-end Android phone or maybe find a live model at a store or someplace, and see if it would meet your standards in the interim until the Thunderbolt/Bionic comes out and you can try that. (EVO 4G would be most like the Thunderbolt, Atrix 4G comes out March and will be most like the Bionic) I would pass on making a judgement based on the Droid X and it's issues only. If you like any of them, then I'd stay Android (after all, you're somewhat used to the platform and you've bought apps for it). If they have glaring issues or you simply don't feel like Android is right for you, then try the iPhone. Even then, I feel that March is too restricting; if I wanted an iPhone I'd wait until summer for the iPhone 5, but then again, I don't know your circumstances for wanting to upgrade by then.
What some are forgetting is that with the iphone your able to get the next update with the new phone(if I get the iphone4, i'll get iphone 5s update) of course to a certain extent.
My point being is that your not losing out if you buy the iphone now. I don't see many improvements for the iphone5 except for maybe cameras, antennas in which I wouldn't lose out on buying an iphone4. Compared to if I wait for the Bionic I will have a 4g LTE device, but I'm not in a 4g area making my phone nearly useless(you get my point)
I love android and even my D1 but I'm ready for my iphone, something new cause I know late 2012 when I'm ready to upgrade I'll have either the iphone6 or a new 4g droid to choose from.
Well everybody is putting their two cents in.....why don't I?
If people are going to jump form AT&T to Verizon just for the network, you might as well go with a phone that can handle anything that you throw at it. Android phones over iPhones are the way to go.
Ha, I guess that wasn't my two cents....that was pure fact.
I don't really... There will be a 3G radio in the Bionic as well. If battery life is the concern, turn the 4G radio off. It certainly will be no less featured than the iPhone 4...
Unless 4g phones require a 4g plan. That is the biggest question on which phone to upgrade to.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Check out this pretty good comparison chart.
Infographic: Motorola Droid Bionic vs. Apple iPhone 4 vs. HTC Thunderbolt | Skatter Tech
I have an upgrade and I am considering picking up the iPhone as soon as it becomes available to existing Verizon customers, then selling it to some Apple fanatic on craigslist for a hefty price. Only problem is that I would have to pay full price for the Bionic when it comes out. Any comments on the whether or not this would be economical?
Pay $299 for the 32gb iPhone, receive $800-1,000 for it.
Pay $500-600 for the Bionic?
and why would anyone pay U 3 !to 5 hundred more than they could buy it for at the store?
Because the full retail of the phone is already 600 and they will be in short supply?
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Actually, full retail for the 32gb will probably be $700, that's what it is on AT&T. Couple other reasons:
1. Hopefully supply will be short.
2. People pay ridiculous prices for Apple products, specifically iPhones.
3. Some people may not want to wait the extra week until the iPhone is available for new customers.