Droid Bionic vs Atrix ?

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Hopefully it'll be unlocked, or someone finds a way to unlock it.

4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolutions, i'd rather stick to 4.0, I just don't really wanna switch to ATT despite it being cheaper and working better in rural areas...
Maybe where you live. ATT is the weak sister once you leave town in western pa.That is why I switched to vzw after ten years with att.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there's been rumblings from P3 that the 2.3 update for the X that has been floating around has completely blocked root... I hope this doesn't foreshadow the future of Moto devices... I will pass on the Bionic if it's not rootable.

A locked boot loader (which we can all be pretty certain all future Moto devices will have) I can live with, but I will not give up root access.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Great phone the only catch is that it is on AT&T's network :(

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
there's been rumblings from P3 that the 2.3 update for the X that has been floating around has completely blocked root... I hope this doesn't foreshadow the future of Moto devices... I will pass on the Bionic if it's not rootable.

A locked boot loader (which we can all be pretty certain all future Moto devices will have) I can live with, but I will not give up root access.

Now....this is something different. I feel like you do. Especially with the phones coming out....

I was already looking at something other than Moto just based on the UI and cuz all these phones will be similar with features. Moto would definitely lose me as a customer if this happens...

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to Phone Arena ( LG Optimus 2X vs Motorola DROID BIONIC vs Atrix 4G: specs comparison - Phone Arena ) The difference between the DROID BIONIC and the AT&T Counterpart is:

Bionic will have 4.3 inch screen, Atrix will have 4.0.

Atrix has 1Ghz RAM (needed for the laptop dock, and from what I've heard the extra 512MB's of RAM can't be used except with the dock), Bionic has 512 MB's.

Both have nVdia Dual Core Tegra 2 processors.

Atrix has a finger print scanner, Bionic doesn't.

Bionic will have an 8MP camera, Atrix will have 5MP.

Both are made by Motorola.

Post more differences and I'll add them.

Unfortunately, that site is often incorrect, or incomplete in spec info. They have have the exact same proccessor and battery, Atrix more RAM, but Bionic has a 4.3 in screen and 8 megapixel camera, whereas the Atrix has a 4 in screen and 5 megapixel camera. You really can't go wrong with either device. This info that I posted is from official specs on Motorola's website.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Seems to me that even though the site might be inaccurate, it was accurate enough that you confirmed everything
pokey.gif

Isn't the Bionic unlocked vs the Atrix locked?

If so, that's the biggest dealbreak of all... Can anyone say 2Ghz overclock??? :icon_eek:
It's not 2Ghz, 1Ghz dual core is not the same as 2Ghz

Munchtime

Reaction score
Checked out the Atrix yesterday and it's a pretty impressive device, especially with the laptop dock and the bundle price isn't so bad for it... but... AT&T ruins most phones with their awful network, if the bionic could have that type of docking capability there would be no reason to go for the Atrix.

ItsaRaid

Reaction score
What about the version of Android, its 2.2, because of the high end hardware on the phone is it likely that it will get upgraded to gingerbread sooner than others?
Thank you, Could you email me at my registered email account please, Im thinking of getting this and need to make some informed decisions
Thank you

Larry

N

Nickchapa

Verizons coverage is the most important thing I think. They get coverage everywhere. The bionic has a bigger screen, better camera, and really if you buy the atrix for the extra ram (unuseable if not docked) you are not very smart. Who really uses that much? Also im not sure why I meed a fingerprint scanner... I have been fine for years without it haha. Can you say gimmick? 599.99 for dock? Wow ill sell my laptop and get a newer one and spend that 599.99 on a real laptop not use my phone for it. Gimmick again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score

+1, no root, no phone.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm sticking to the D1 until several 4g duel core devices are out for us to compare rooting and customizing capabilities. At least that is my plan.. hopefully i could be patient

GAstorino

Reaction score
Just a point. Everyone says the dock is $599. Was at ATT store this weekend and that price includes the phone as well. Was like $189/$199 w/o a phone.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Just a point. Everyone says the dock is $599. Was at ATT store this weekend and that price includes the phone as well. Was like $189/$199 w/o a phone.

Here is the Breakdown If you buy it online...

Super thin MOTOROLA LAPDOCK(TM) with webtop app merges ATRIX capabilities with the convenience of a laptop.

GAstorino

Reaction score
Weird because the sign at the store and the salesman demonstrating to everyone said something totally different. Sign actually said $199 for dock without phone and $599 less all the rebates with phone so it was like $399 with a phone. Crazy

CellZealot

Reaction score
Just a quick note regarding root on this and other newer devices. Root was very quickly achieved on the Atrix using a different exploit than previous rageinthecage.bin based solutions like z4root, SuperOneClick is the method most widely used and it works on the newer unreleased builds for Droid devices as well.

Root access is also a very dangerous tool at this stage without a recovery solution that is easily and safely manageable for most users or an SBF file to recover with.

You need to be very careful what you remove/change in the system or framework until solutions are developed.

qman66

Reaction score
Isn't the Bionic unlocked vs the Atrix locked?

If so, that's the biggest dealbreak of all... Can anyone say 2Ghz overclock??? :icon_eek:
i hope so there is a chance now that the xoom is unlocked