droid bionic usb port / mouse / keyboard/ xbox360 controller

tfast500

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i bought a micro usb to standard usb adapter to hook up my wired xbox controller to my phone. my phone does not detect it so i tried a standard mouse and keyboard and still nothing. ics was suppose to bring this feature?????

anyhow i thought maybe it was my adapter so i tried it on my buddys phone and it worked perfect samsung gallaxy s2

anyone know if this is something to do with droid bionic in general and a work around or is my phone just a pile of **** and now this is broken?

Bratster2

Reaction score
Just going by memory here, but I think you need a self powered USB hub hooked to the bionic and then plug your stuff into that. Ill try it on mine and post back

Sent from my 756TPC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bratster2

Reaction score
Ok i got it going, I have tested it with a keyboard, mouse and thumbdrive. The Bionic does support USB otg but not quite correctly. Apologies about the pic quality, had to use the front facing camera on this tablet to take it.

View attachment 57527

So what I have is a regular otg cable, an externally powered USB hub, USB mouse, and a combo USB +power cable from an external DVD drive.

The trick to USB host on the bionic is it needs to receive power to go into host mode, that is why it won't work for you. I'm not sure if you need a hub or not but it makes it easier to hook it all up without having to splice wires together.

Bratster2

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
tfast500

tfast500

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh I forgot the HD dock for it has 3 USB ports+ it is only $24 at amazon right now, that price is a steal.

Amazon.com: Motorola HD Station with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID BIONIC - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is all you would need then no cables everywhere.
The dock still needs power to work just like anything else. But that is a hardware limitation of the bionic afaik

thanks for this info and for trying all that out for me... what a bummer. wasnt planning on spending anymore on this phone.. might just have to save the cable for my next phone.

thanks again!
:hail: