Droid Bionic update root.

Mike8016

Reaction score
Ever Since the new update i lost root and i cant root it using Pete's Motorola tools root. Is there any other way to root it?

andlamv

Reaction score
Want to know this too because I'm gonna root tonight

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cinoib

Reaction score
I don't remember which thread it was in but there was an exploit that worked for me.  I was rooted with Pete's and lost root when I received the update.  I then found the root exploit that worked in that Pete's was unable to root after the update.  I know that Cheddar72 placed the link for the exploit that worked.  It started with something like, "...forget about that, just use xxx.zip."  I will search around and see if I can find the path for you.  Don't worry, there is a fix.  Maybe look for Cheddar72 (the person that placed a link in a thread).

WolfBrother

Reaction score
1 click exploit. I will look for the link. It worked on my leaked update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

WolfBrother

Reaction score
This is nothing new, but I'm seeing all over the place people talking about losing root once they took the 5.5.893 OTA, or simply wanting to root now, and thought this could be beneficial and easier to find, since this solution is being posted in various threads now. If you used the "forever root" method, you should've kept root, but if not, this will work (Windows only).

Here's the kicker - if you were rooted before, this might not work, at first. Evidently some remnant of root, whether it's the .apk or su or whatever messes this up. (if you never rooted, this should work fine) For me, I had to do a factory reset, which was no big deal since I had my apps/data backed up - it cleaned out whatever was causing the problem before. When I ran this after a factory reset, it worked fine. It did give me one message about a file already existing, but continued and worked fine. Others have reported that, instead of a factory reset, they simply had to manually install busybox/Superuser from the market - but neither of those solutions worked for me since I didn't have root access. So, that said... here it is:
  1. If you don't already have them, download/install the appropriate Motorola drivers (32 bit or 64 bit) - just extract / install
  2. Download this file (thx p3droid): one click exploit (if you don't have a MDW account, use THIS [thx Droids])
  3. Extract it to your desktop (or wherever - just easier to get to for me on my desktop!)
  4. On your phone, make sure USB Debugging is enabled (settings > applications > development)
  5. Plug it into your computer and make sure it's set to "Charge Only"
  6. Open up the folder you just extracted and double click "runme.bat"
  7. Follow instructions and you should be good to go. It will reboot towards the end, just let it finish after it reboots.
  8. If this doesn't work or you get an error, you might have to factory reset or try one of the other solutions mentioned in the "kicker" above.
Hope this helps... again, this is not my thing, just thought this could be easier for people to find.

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I'm going out at the moment. But if that does not work, I might have a different one on my laptop. I will send it to you, if you want.

But later.