Droid Bionic Update is Available for Everyone!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
F3KN5.jpg

Well if you haven't already been prompted, check your phone! The Droid Bionic maintenance update is available to everyone now. It's 54 megabytes ans should fix a number of data issues and camera issues! (camera seems better to me) A much needed upgraded in my opinion but download it now if you haven't already! For a complete list of bug fixes and features check out this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/186572-droid-bionic-update-v5-5-893-coming-soon.html

Cheers!

Software update: DROID Bionic by Motorola | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Last edited:

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Got update this morning....droid bionic....stock....DID NOT FIX DATA ISSUES at all....really ticked and will get phone bought back after waiting so long with an obvious defect....really ticked off.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Got update this morning....droid bionic....stock....DID NOT FIX DATA ISSUES at all....really ticked and will get phone bought back after waiting so long with an obvious defect....really ticked off.

I don't think it's the device, but the LTE system.

Three different Verizon techs recommend that you keep your phone on 3G and only use 4G when you need it.
While chatting with one of them, she had mentioned that we both had our updates within days of each other. I asked her what phone she was going to get, and
she surprised with, "The phone you have the X2." Huh, you don't want a 4G device? "Nope, they eat battery like candy and the 4G LTE system is still not ready,
bug filled.

Obviously I don't know the truth of it, but it does make sense.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
has this update been rooted yet?

N4UPD

Reaction score
That keep your phone on 3G thing don't work on my Revolution. It still loses data connection when set to CDMA only.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll have to see with my stock, unrooted Bionic. I checked at 8:30 this morning and there was the update. Because I live in a valley, so any data within our house is iffy, but standing on the porch (in the rain no less) I got 4G to do the download. It's just about finished with the install.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
everytime i check i get "check for updates not available at this time" who else is getting this? and what the heck does it mean?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Silver,

I am getting the same message, but assumed it is because I am out of town. I look forward to see if someone can confirm or explain, as well.

Craig

djembeman

Reaction score
to unroot or forever root?

So, I just checked and the update is available. Should I:

1. unfreeze all of my apps/bloatware and unroot to download the update? Try to root after?
2. do the forever root thing and then unfreeze my apps/bloatware and do the update?

If I forever root will I be able to get future updates like Ice Cream Sandwich?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Downloading right now!

CAN NOT WAIT!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
everytime i check i get "check for updates not available at this time" who else is getting this? and what the heck does it mean?

Silver,

I am getting the same message, but assumed it is because I am out of town. I look forward to see if someone can confirm or explain, as well.

Craig

As it was told to me when my OG Droid was going from Eclair to Froyo, when you check you are sending a request to the server, which checks to see if the update is scheduled to come to you. If it isn't you get the "up to date" message. The one your getting is that the server is, well, unavailable to check. I've gotten it too, but it would be the "up to date" message when I checked again. On another thread, someone suggested a Force Reset to confirm the connection, I didn't have to.

Tyler_C

Reaction score
how is everyones battery life after update? any improvements? I know before the update I was only getting 17 hours with an extended battery. Some report up to 40 hours with extended battery after update on extended...Is there any truth or confirmation to this?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
how is everyones battery life after update? any improvements? I know before the update I was only getting 17 hours with an extended battery. Some report up to 40 hours with extended battery after update on extended...Is there any truth or confirmation to this?

It's going to depend how your phone is set up.