[TOOLS] Droid BIONIC Unstuck Utility

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
http://dev.crackflasher.com/mattlgroff/XT875.Verizon.en.US/DroidBionicUnstuck.zip [Includes latest Motorola USB Drivers]

NOTE: Please have the update zip for the ICS leak you want to "unstuck" to on your external SD card before starting. You cannot mount SD cards in the semi-bricked states between flashing option 1 "unbrick" of this and installing that update zip in Motorola Recovery.

This by default contains the fastbootable files to re-flash .235. If you want to go to a future/leak or official OTA with this replace the boot.img with the .235 one (read the included readme.txt for more information).

What this tool does:
1) Flashed system.img & preinstall.img from 5.9.905 and the boot.img from (default) .235 to allow the install of .235 in motorola recovery (you MUST put the update zip on your external SD card yourself ! You cannot mount using your phone once you flash this step.

2) Root MotoICS 4.0.4 using razrsedge by Dan Rosenberg.

If your computer cannot run the runme.bat utility you can do each option separately using Unbrick.bat or Root404byDanRosenberg.bat respectively.
To root have phone booted, drivers installed, USB Debugging enabled, and USB Mode set to MTP or Camera (not USB Mass Storage). If still getting "devices not found" wipe data and try again.

If you cannot run option 1 "Unbrick" then your Battery is LOW and/or the drivers are not installed.

Last edited:

nobreak1970

Reaction score
that link in the OP d/l's the wrong file!! I am sure Matt will correct it soon.

maaybraak

Reaction score
So...even with this "unstuck utility" you still can't go back to stock GB 5.9.905?

aaronc

Reaction score
can this take me from a custom rom back to .235?

I switched to the CM9 ROM based on the ICS leaks (7-22 nightly). I really didn't like it as well, and I would like to get back to .235. Will this work for me?

aaronc

Reaction score
Thank you

Should work, but restoring from a nandroid backup would be easier in the future.

Awesome, I'm going to give it a shot as soon as I have enough bandwidth to download it. And as soon as I figure out how to make a nandroid backup, I'll do that too. (Oh the problems of being an over confident Noob!)

maaybraak

Reaction score
Oh, man...I couldn't stand it anymore and I took the plunge to .235! So far, it has been the smoothest, fastest, best all-around build I have EVER experienced. No Bluetooth or sound issues like w/.232. Awesome responsiveness to literally everything...This leak is the most serious contender for the final build that's been put out there, by far.