Droid Bionic super slow and lagging after update a few months ago.

kellweber

Reaction score
I have tried to factory reset it a couple times but it is still soooooo slow. It sometimes takes so long to answer a call, because the buttons don't show up, it goes to voicemail. It takes a good 10 seconds, sometimes a lot longer for my screen to turn on when I push the button or to open any program. Any suggestions? I am not very tech savvy so suggestions with easy directions would be appreciated :biggrin:

indee2025

Reaction score
I have tried to factory reset it a couple times but it is still soooooo slow. It sometimes takes so long to answer a call, because the buttons don't show up, it goes to voicemail. It takes a good 10 seconds, sometimes a lot longer for my screen to turn on when I push the button or to open any program. Any suggestions? I am not very tech savvy so suggestions with easy directions would be appreciated :biggrin:

Go to settings, at the botom go to developer options, upper right hand corner turn developer options to on, scroll down to where it says window animation scale and turn it to off, turn transition animation to off, turn animator duration scale to off.....scroll down to the bottom where it says Background process limit, select At most 4 processes

If you don't need it, turn off Google Now/Google +

Disable any applications you don't use such as maybe Google Books, to do this go to settings, then scroll to apps, then swipe screen sideways (through downloaded, internal storage & running) until it says ALL at the top of your screen, click on the app you don't use and either choose uninstall if you can or choose disable...

The best way I've found to speed up the Bionic was to actually root the device and then use root explorer to disable a running process called Motocare.apk....doing so will free up RAM and make your device speedy...I have more than half my ram free at any time since doing this...Even if you're not tech savvy you can do this because Marty45714 has literally laid out every single step from start to finish...here is the linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-easy-root-bionic-stock-4-1-2-jelly-bean.html

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I think that's a little bit extreme. I've seen people have success by only changing the window animations and transition scales down to .5 and not touching anything else.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i wouldnt put up with lag like that, it doesnt do it normally, and i wouldnt change settings or apps to fix something that isnt normal (however it may help).
if it were mine, i would re-flash it first, to get it back to normal, if you want to modify settings and apps from there to speed it up more you can.
what likely happened is during the update some file(s) didnt mesh correctly and are now basically corrupt. a FDR only erases data and doesnt fix broken files.
anything short of a fresh install is nothing more than putting a band-aid on the problem, which over time will likely get worse.

just my 2c

indee2025

Reaction score
I think that's a little bit extreme. I've seen people have success by only changing the window animations and transition scales down to .5 and not touching anything else.

Well that's the difference between understanding how choices effect your device and the placebo effect...changing animations to a lower value or zero simply removes the amount of animation that plays while navigating around your device, there wasn't any performance boost-it just seems snippy because it's going from point A to B without a show in between...same thing as telling windows to just make the start menu appear rather than slide up from the bottom, it's not faster, just seems faster to you when there is no sliding animation to see.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I don't have any problems just reporting what I've seen work for a bunch of other posters