Droid Bionic Stuck in Fastboot, Boot Failure and Invalid CG Errors... Help!

willpower101

Reaction score
Will that new rom bypass the low battery warning?
Because that's what's causing it to fail.

OP
C

CLG1081

Reaction score
Will that new rom bypass the low battery warning?
Because that's what's causing it to fail.

Sorry, haven't had time to come post updates in the forum this weekend... Even with the freshly charged battery, and no low battery warning this and all the other Fxz files fail at the system image step.. :(

eye_dea

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't had time to come post updates in the forum this weekend... Even with the freshly charged battery, and no low battery warning this and all the other Fxz files fail at the system image step.. :(

Are you using the back usb port of the pc? How old is your pc?

OP
C

CLG1081

Reaction score
Are you using the back usb port of the pc? How old is your pc?

It's a laptop.
Dell Inspiron N5110, less than a year old
Intel Core i7-2670QM
8GB RAM
3 USB 3.0 ports
1 USB 2.0 Port
1 USB 3.0/eSATA Port

Host OS is Win 7 x64 Ultimate (But RSD Lite doesn't work with it :/ )
Virtual Box VM is Win XP Home Edition, fresh install, no bloat/crapware
VM only recognizes the USB 2.0 Port, so that's the one I'm using

Cable I'm using is either of the two USB cables that came with my/my girlfriend's Bionics.

Using her Bionic to charge the battery in between flash attempts.

I suppose I could find a desktop to use, but if it belongs to any of my friends, I doubt it will be anywhere close to the specs of my machine.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Well your pc is definitely above the specs required, but I have seen this before and the person had to use another pc.
However, we could try one more thing, if you wish. I think its worth a shot and I will walk you through it.
Do you use gtalk? PM me your gmail.

deduct

Reaction score
Eye-dea is a good soul. Has helped me many, many times. He will get ya back on your feet clg.

OP
C

CLG1081

Reaction score
Ok - Great news everybody!

After having some trouble meeting up schedules for him to walk me through it, eye_dea finally had a chance to VERY GENEROUSLY take some time out of his weekend and help me through this. It was a little time consuming, as the first go round didn't succeed - but through no fault of his own. It was the USB port I was using. He patiently encouraged me to try again, it all worked, and I'm currently installing .905 as we speak.

And what's more, I emphatically want to throw some money his way, and he won't even accept it.

Not enough good things can be said about eye_dea and people like him, so I'll just say the world would be better of with more like him.

Thanks again!

edit: Update was successful... Now rooting

edit 2: at about 1:30p.m.today, I had a useless soft-bricked Phone. Now, at 4:20p.m., I have a stock Droid Bionic rooted and running the latest .905 update. Awesomeness.

Last edited:

eye_dea

Reaction score
CLG1081 said:
Ok - Great news everybody!

After having some trouble meeting up schedules for him to walk me through it, eye_dea finally had a chance to VERY GENEROUSLY take some time out of his weekend and help me through this. It was a little time consuming, as the first go round didn't succeed - but through no fault of his own. It was the USB port I was using. He patiently encouraged me to try again, it all worked, and I'm currently installing .905 as we speak.

And what's more, I emphatically want to throw some money his way, and he won't even accept it.

Not enough good things can be said about eye_dea and people like him, so I'll just say the world would be better of with more like him.

Thanks again!

edit: Update was successful... Now rooting

edit 2: at about 1:30p.m.today, I had a useless soft-bricked Phone. Now, at 4:20p.m., I have a stock Droid Bionic rooted and running the latest .905 update. Awesomeness.

Thanks man!
I also have to credit Timmy10shoes since he taught me everything and we used a few of his files.

debji

Reaction score
can you please tell the steps that fixed his phone.