Droid Bionic Simultaneous Voice & Data?

bigdad63

Reaction score
Tested simultaneous voice/data over 3g on TB and it works fine, not blazingly fast, but I would definitely love to have the utility until 4G arrives. My trusted Verizon guy says that the Bionic won't have the simultan v/d over 3G, but that there is a good chance that the 4G expansion will spread faster than originally stated. I'm still holding out for the Bionic.

treyalt2006

Reaction score
I tested simultaneous voice and data on my Thunderbolt also... It works great. I did a speed test last night while talking on my phone and I got 1.6 Mbps down and 0.90 Mbps up. This was over 3g because I don't have 4g coverage at my home. I will test Voice and 4g when I go back to work.

Im thinking about getting the Droid Bionic but if it doesn't have this feature then I will keep the Thunderbolt instead.

Last edited:

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Simultaneous Voice and Data on Bionic

I just tested this by calling my voicemail and attempting to access the Market, web Browser, and YouTube. I can confirm that we DO NOT have simultaneous voice/data on the Bionic on 3G...someone with access to 4G might want to chime in.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tested this by calling my voicemail and attempting to access the Market, web Browser, and YouTube. I can confirm that we DO NOT have simultaneous voice/data on the Bionic on 3G...someone with access to 4G might want to chime in.
...I have no idea why you resurrected this old thread but we already knew that. The Bionic doesn't have the SVDO radio the Thunderbolt has so that's why it can't do voice and data over 3G. None of Verizon's phones can except the Thunderbolt. I don't see why people keep wondering if phones can do this. We found this out way back when the Bionic passed through the FCC.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
...I have no idea why you resurrected this old thread but we already knew that. The Bionic doesn't have the SVDO radio the Thunderbolt has so that's why it can't do voice and data over 3G. None of Verizon's phones can except the Thunderbolt. I don't see why people keep wondering if phones can do this. We found this out way back when the Bionic passed through the FCC.

Because this thread was high on the results of a Google search and I want others who search the same way I did to have a definitive answer. So thanks for your additional input!

don_droid

Reaction score
Using 4G mode I was talking with my wife while using Yelp to search for resturants. I did not click to get reservations, but it worked to using several of m apps. I even updated one of my apps while I spoke with her. So it seems we can all wait till the last minute to make dinner plans now.

Trips555

Reaction score
4G + Talk = Yes
3G + Talk = No... I think....

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums