Droid Bionic reception issues

nlester

Reaction score
So a coworker has a Droid X, we were driving through Oklahoma the other day and I noticed that where I had no data connection at all, he was getting 3G with 4 bars. I have had suspicions of reception issues with this phone and this confirmed it. I have data roaming enabled, I have tried *228 while in the Verizon network, battery pull, restart, toggled airplane mode off and on, CDMA only and LTE, even tried the Admin Notifier trick that I have seen suggested, nothing makes a difference. For large areas, like 50+ miles he would get data coverage and I wouldn't, I still get 3G is some areas and 4G worked fine in OKC. I think it might be a data roaming issue but I can't be sure, does anyone know of a way to fix this? The *228 doesnt seem to work for the bionic, at least not like it does on the Droid X, is there another way to update the towers? Any help in this would be appreciated, its obviously frustrating.

zachdroid

Reaction score
I dont have a real answer for you. Just a small bit of advice. *228 has been known to fry sim cards. The phone upon rebooting does the "*228" on its own. Sorry I couldn't be much help otherwise.

Zach

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums