Droid Bionic Randomn Reboots??

spkraft

Reaction score
anyone one having a problem with randomn reboots on the droid bionic? Yesterday my bionic rebooted its self about 10 times and after the last two times that were right back to back it shut its self off again and wont turn back on. It was at 100% charge at the time I have pulled the battery the sim card everything I can think of but it still wont turn back on at all....

smb126

Reaction score
I have had tons of these random reboots too. Including a few when I was actually in the middle of a phone call. Mine has never shut down and refused to turn back on. They are getting more often though and have been very inconvenient.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

spkraft

Reaction score
yeah yesterday mine were once every hour then about 6pm it did it twice in a row and never turned back on after the second one....off to the verizon store i go today...

smb126

Reaction score
Great... something to look forward too. I just found the string on here that has the os link pre-release. Going to download it and install. Maybe it will fix this issue. Would suggest you try but a little hard if phone is not turning on I guess. Good luck with Verizon.

OP
S

spkraft

Reaction score
yeah everything is a little difficult when you cant turn it on at all....lol

short283

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem with my phone rebooting on its own till about 8 o'clock this morning I heard my phone so I looked at it and it was powering back on after an automatic reboot I hope this isn't the start of the issue for me I had the same problem with my droid 1 and my droid 2 global so I got the droid three once I was eligible and for the three days I had it I could not even use it due to it shutting down so often which led me to the bionic and now im having various issues with it lack of data signal is the biggest it says I got signal but when trying to load web browser it say I don't or my 3g just dissapears for a long time its quite frustrating

Low Saturn

Reaction score
Mine started with the black frozen screen and endless reboots right after installing the extended battery almost two months ago. It progressively got worse until I swapped the original battery back in. Its now been two weeks and no black screen of death and only one reboot loop. Its also been two days since installing the update and no issues so far.

woelda3000

Reaction score
Im on my second bionic and no reboots yet. The first on i had a few

erthchyld

Reaction score
I bought my Droid Bionic a few days ago. Ever since it has been randomly shutting down and rebooting or just shutting down altogether. I had to have shut down and/or rebooted 20 or more times on Friday. I started checking out the forums and heard about the "black screen of death". After removing the battery a few times, removing all apps, then doing a complete factory reset (including SD card) I still had the problem.

With my original Droid, I had issues with the pattern lock freezing the phone. Eventually, I stopped using the lock and the issue was solved. When I got this phone I set the pattern lock. So, I tried changing to a pin lock instead. Since I changed it to the pin lock yesterday it has not randomly rebooted or "died" even once.

short283

Reaction score
I don't have the extended battery or use the pattern or pin lock and I also notice my phone was spazing I would try to use the key board and it would place letters I didn't even push and enter apps I didn't select as well so I had to do a reboot removing the battery for a min and it seems to be working fine since and it hasn't shut down at since early this morning so I guess that's a good sign

ripper2860

Reaction score
Could it be a misbehaving app? Perhaps a "factory reset" and running it with the bare minimum add-on apps for a bit to see if things stabilize.

short283

Reaction score
I was moving things around on my phone to transfer to a different sd card and I noticed the more I moved to my phone crime my sd card the more apps dissapeared and my phone started rebooting its self every 2 to 5 min and once I moved everything to my other sd card to clear space on my phone and primary sd card I noticed I haven't lost any apps nor has my phone performed an automatic reboot since and that was about 5 hours ago which brings me to believe that it maybe a memory issue/bug when it gets to a certain point it reboots automatically trying to free up lost memory I now have 5 gig app space and over 12 gigs available on my sd card and have had no reboot issues since so maybe its something for u others who are suffering from random reboots to check in to.

erthchyld

Reaction score
The random reboot has returned so has the black screen of death(with blinking green light). I do NOT have an extended battery or back cover.I have uninstalled everything and am back to stock with NO lock. These issues persist. I think I am going to take it back to the store for an exchange. Grrrr!

rza49311

Reaction score
Just chiming in to say my bionic just rebooted itself for the first time about 15 minutes ago. It was sitting on my desk and I heard it vibrate. I looked over to find it restarting. Who really knows if this is the first time though, could have rebooted itself when I wasn't around or sleep. At any rate, this is the first time I've actually witnessed it.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I do NOT have an extended battery or back cover.

What I have or had been wondering is if it was a battery issue, not an extended battery issue. Meaning if a battery, extended or regular, had some sort of issue, it would cause these problems.

Here's what I tried after a couple weeks of having endless reboots and black screens. And none worked.

-Factory reset.
-Factory reset then not installing any apps.
-Factory reset then not reinstaiing any apps, making phone calls, sending text messages, browsing the web or using any of the pre installed apps.
-Different chargers
-Rebooting before charging.
-Battery pull before charging.
-Rebooting after charging
-Battery pull after charging
-Leaving the phone on the charger until I needed it.
-Removing the phone from the charged once fully charged.

Once I swapped the factory battery back in, the issues pretty much stopped. Only one random reboot since October 27th. And no locked black screens. On November 4th I upgraded to the first leaked system version update (5.5.886). Form that afternoon unitl Monday, November 7th I had no reboots or black screens. On the evening of November 7th, I installed the second (5.5.893), then third (5.6.893), then fourth update (5.7.893). I also reinstalled the extended battery. And so far, no issues at all.