Droid Bionic now (hoping mid April) or Droid X 2/ Droid 3 later?

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

sent from my Thunderbolt

xier

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon give one exchange. So if I bought a thunderbolt I could exchange it for a bionic? Or do I just need to return the Thunderbolt and wait, cause I originally thought the Bionic wouldn't come til June.

sent from my Thunderbolt

I'm a business customer so not one hundred percent on this but I was told retail customers get one exchange within the 14 day window. I still think you have to pay the restocking fee.

My TB rocks lte ... my mifi is gathering dust.

Xak02

Reaction score
Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.

How on earth did you get someone to pay 230 for a used Droid X?!

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Eh just buy what you want now. If something better comes out, buy it retail and sell your phone. That is what I do. Just sold my DX for $230. The TB will easily bring that in if/when the targa/bionic/superman phones come out.

$230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

Sent from my Droid

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

$230 is actually a good deal for a used DX; assuming its in great condition. The Droid X is still a desirable phone for people, so it'll have some value. Same for the Thunderbolt, it'll have great resale value for sure.

Sent from my Droid

This is true. I've been watching the recent sales of X's on eBay and they have been going for $200+ easy. Some go for $300+ if in good condition with extras.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Xak02

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid
I guess I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't a good phone, more exclaiming that you can get a new one cheaper off Amazon. I think I saw Verizon selling them for 100 now. That might just be with the upgrade deals or whatever they do.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Sent from my Droid
I guess I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't a good phone, more exclaiming that you can get a new one cheaper off Amazon. I think I saw Verizon selling them for 100 now. That might just be with the upgrade deals or whatever they do.
That is with a contract. I've sold all my previous smartphones(Storm, Storm 2, etc) for more than $200. They were in perfect condition without any blemishes.

Amazon's price is for a contract. Most people will buy a used phone for off-contract.

Xak02

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid
That is with a contract. I've sold all my previous smartphones(Storm, Storm 2, etc) for more than $200. They were in perfect condition without any blemishes.

Amazon's price is for a contract. Most people will buy a used phone for off-contract.

Makes sense. I figured that was probably the case. Thanks!

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Seem to be getting mixed up. He sold it $230 without a contract, but yes you can get it anywhere from free to $149 on contract. :)

Droidarola

Reaction score
ive got a moto droid since release date and ive been holding off for a solid phone to replace it. my brother got a DX last october and i was debating getting then heard about the thunderbolt and bionic in the works. I was going to get a DX since at the time I didnt think 4G was going to be in my area but recently its been getting very close (within 20-30) miles and i really want to get grandfathered into the $30/unlimited 4G plan. Ill be waiting for the bionic but if anything happens between now and then that ruins that idea ill grab the thunderbolt

Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?

No, but as far as i can tell.. i live on long island, new york and the 4G reception seems to end like i said, 20-30miles away so i should *crosses finger* getting full 4G or partial 4G in my area sometime during the summer or maybe fall?

right now 4G is in new york city and nassau county, suffolk county will have full 4G access within 3 months. So figure by the time the Bionic comes out 4G will start to be available in Suffolk or in the next month or 2 after release it will be in Suffolk.

I have an upgrade ready from my D1 and I'm waiting for the Droid Bionic. I walked in a verizon store to look for a case and my gf came in the store after she went to the bank and ended up buying the Thunderbolt. It's a pretty nice phone played with it for a bit but I rather wait for the Bionic, ended up getting a offer for a job too at the verizon store lol I knew more about android then they did :icon_ banana:

DanSan

Reaction score
Have you seen the updated list of cities to receive LTE service by the end of 2011?

No, but as far as i can tell.. i live on long island, new york and the 4G reception seems to end like i said, 20-30miles away so i should *crosses finger* getting full 4G or partial 4G in my area sometime during the summer or maybe fall?

right now 4G is in new york city and nassau county, suffolk county will have full 4G access within 3 months. So figure by the time the Bionic comes out 4G will start to be available in Suffolk or in the next month or 2 after release it will be in Suffolk.

I have an upgrade ready from my D1 and I'm waiting for the Droid Bionic. I walked in a verizon store to look for a case and my gf came in the store after she went to the bank and ended up buying the Thunderbolt. It's a pretty nice phone played with it for a bit but I rather wait for the Bionic, ended up getting a offer for a job too at the verizon store lol I knew more about android then they did :icon_ banana:

hell yea.. i knew that **** was close, but not that close. good to know, i cannot wait.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Here's my delima. I'm a DIE HARD motorola guy and have been since my first phone, a STAR-TAC. I have the D1 (still) my wife the Eris, my youngest daughter a D2 (very soon, she wants a slide out keyboard) upgrading from an Eris. My oldest daughter got an I-phone 4 this past weekend. There's always one in the crowd. LOL
My upgrade is early September and of course I want the latest and greatest Motorola. What should I set my sites on? I'd love to face chat with my i-phone daughter and I wand HD Vid and of course SNAPPY SNAPPY Browsing. 4G ain't as big a "want" as the rest, but I guess it'd be nice. Also I wonder if Verizon might let me jump early? I've been with them - all four lines - since Alltel.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Last edited:

coovee

Reaction score
If u got the d1 I'd hold off until the bionic comes out. Idk if u can get atrix in verizon now or not. Bionic looks way nicer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here's my delima. I'm a DIE HARD motorola guy and have been since my first phone, a STAR-TAC. I have the D1 (still) my wife the Eris, my youngest daughter a D2 (very soon, she wants a slide out keyboard) upgrading from an Eris. My oldest daughter got an I-phone 4 this past weekend. There's always one in the crowd. LOL
My upgrade is early September and of course I want the latest and greatest Motorola. What should I set my sites on? I'd love to face chat with my i-phone daughter and I wand HD Vid and of course SNAPPY SNAPPY Browsing. 4G ain't as big a "want" as the rest, but I guess it'd be nice. Also I wonder if Verizon might let me jump early? I've been with them - all four lines - since Alltel.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

By that time you should have some good choices to choose from. 1st You have the Bionic Great Dual core phone!!! If the Rumors are true Then choose the Galaxy S2 that would be the Best phone coming out for Verizon if it is true also Dual Core and very fast and thin. My choice is the Bionic for now unless the Galaxy S2 is released then I would choose the S2.