Droid Bionic Nearing It's End of Life? Now Free on Verizon; No Longer on DroidDoes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-free.png

For folks that were planning on picking up a Droid Bionic at some point, you won't really get a better time than now. The phone can now be had on Verizon's website for the grand price of FREE. Additionally, the former flagship device is no longer listed on the DroidDoes.com website. This seems to point to an end-of-life for the phone. It's sad to see some of the best Droid devices being put out to pasture.

Apparently, "the debt that all men pay" also applies to Androids...

Source: VerizonWireless

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Remember that AR scavenger hunt they had? That was pretty neat.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually when this happens, it means that a sequel device is coming soon - Bionic 2, maybe? Bionic HD? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the RAZR isn't far behind; to make way for the RAZR HD. Either way, sounds like they are in the process of making way for the summer refresh.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It may be free for contracts, but it still.sells for 500$ full retail. So idk if its really close to its way out yet.. when did bionic come out? October? I don't recall. I know I got mine in October.... all 5 lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its a good time to get one of these devices .. has a dev following getting ICS in next few months.. removable battery and sd card. . i recently did this got the HD dock,( the full with USB ports in back) car dock extended battery for under 100.00 from the VZW store. it will do almost anything razr will. minus smart actions . which dont really appeal to me anyway

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My first 2 cell phones were discontinuted a couple of weeks after I got them. My father owns a Studebaker. I'm used to owning orphans.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I remember when this was the HOT phone to have. Seems like it wasn't too long ago!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
94lt1 said:
It may be free for contracts, but it still.sells for 500$ full retail. So idk if its really close to its way out yet.. when did bionic come out? October? I don't recall. I know I got mine in October.... all 5 lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

September

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Remember when the Bionic was the device to rule all machines? That lasted all of about 2 weeks. I have a Bionic. Its a decent phone. But Im hoping the next iPhone has a 4"+ screen. Tired of the fragmentation and ridiculously slow rollout of new OS on Android.

swc2001

Reaction score
Eh this phone is still a Beast. It does everything and more than I want. Thats just the name of the Tech game folks. You gotta keep new stuff coming or your soon forgotten. If mine survives for 5 years I would be happy. Well See. dancedroid

BigZig

Reaction score
This phone should have never even been released. Moto only released it b/c they made a big stink about it at CES. This phone is a good phone dont get me wrong but i was pissed off when they released the Razr a couple of weeks later that had slightly better sepc with not nearly as many problems. The only reason i bought this phone was b/c i was sick of having to hold the charger in my OG droid to get it to charge, and i will never pay full retail for a phone. I can not wait till my upgrade is avail or till my contact is up to maybe try a differnet carrier.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
as long as motomobility keeps their latest word on the ICS and maybe googles impact helps keep the updates comin. i'm fine with my phone now being a "free" phone. power to us if we get more people runnin on it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
as long as motomobility keeps their latest word on the ICS and maybe googles impact helps keep the updates comin. i'm fine with my phone now being a "free" phone. power to us if we get more people runnin on it.

Agreed. It's not a bad phone. All it needs is ICS and it'll be good as new!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So Verizon is having a father's day graduate sale. $100 off all Motorola DROIDS. Since the Bionic was $99, I guess that's why it is free.

Rento

Reaction score
I heard from a rep an hour ago who was pushing me to buy the Bionic that the sale ends tomorrow (today?). Is this true?