Droid bionic mounting two storage devices?

yeoj1323

Reaction score
I just got my droid bionic, so far it is great, however when i go to change my bionic to mass storage it mounts both the internal and the sd card for storage, i am not too sure i want to be able to have the internal storage just floating around, nor am i sure at all if it should be mounting. I am running on 2.3.4 version 839.xt875. and i have tried to root already by the one click method as well, just to learn that with my version it does not work. if anybody can point me in the right direction for that, thanks

Ziggie

Reaction score
As far as the two partitions go, one is the actual SD card and the second is the goofy (imho) partition of the internal storage Motorola decided to create and then also name SD. The partition of the internal storage you can access on mounting is for media storage and is the place that apps will disappear from if you place them there and they are not Motorola's definition of "media.". The internal partition is otherwise not dangerous or a security hazard.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Y

yeoj1323

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you my good sir, are you aware if there is any way to hide that partition then? or somehow make the two operate as one so either only one shows up as removable storage or you can safety remove both at once?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
If you set your phone to PC Mode it combines the two and gives you a total of 20 something gigs of space. Also, you can indeed root your phone on .893 by going here.