Droid Bionic Mounting Issue

TheLonelyOutlaw

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but I am a die hard Android fan, more specifically anything Motorola and "Droid".

My issue is my new phone, the Droid Bionic. I love this phone it's great. Only problem is it will not mount to my HP Vista Laptop. My laptop won't even recognize the phone ( Won't download the drivers, won't show the window that usually pops up when you mount any other USB mass storage device, etc.)

USB debugging is on. I don't know what the problem is. Didn't have this problem with the Droid 1 -- which I had since it's debut up until about 5 days ago.

Oh and I'm sorry if this question was already asked and answered in another thread. If so please just refer me to it.

Thank You,

Eddy.

OP
TheLonelyOutlaw

TheLonelyOutlaw

Reaction score
Hi there rck76. Firstly, thank you for your reply, it is most appreciated.

Yes I have downloaded the drivers but they never fully download it seems. I even tried it from the link you gave me and still nothing on my PC. And just to be sure I go to: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager

Just to double check, and there is no "Android Devices" on the list anywhere. I'm at a loss, does it matter if my phone is connected during the installation or not?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Send me a pm this afternoon or tonight and I'll upload it to dropbox and post a link. I'm at work now and won't get off for 5 1/2 hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

johnnyabgood

Reaction score
Error Installing driver

I tried to install the driver on a DELL M1530 running Vista and Norton 360. I get the following errors and still cannot mount my Bionic.
View attachment 43464

sobionic

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but I am a die hard Android fan, more specifically anything Motorola and "Droid".

My issue is my new phone, the Droid Bionic. I love this phone it's great. Only problem is it will not mount to my HP Vista Laptop. My laptop won't even recognize the phone ( Won't download the drivers, won't show the window that usually pops up when you mount any other USB mass storage device, etc.)

USB debugging is on. I don't know what the problem is. Didn't have this problem with the Droid 1 -- which I had since it's debut up until about 5 days ago.

Oh and I'm sorry if this question was already asked and answered in another thread. If so please just refer me to it.

Thank You,

Eddy.

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I'm having the same problem