Droid Bionic may be scrapped.....

wjchisholm86

Reaction score
I was just chatting with a verizon rep today about my newly purchased droid 3 and somehow we got into a conversation about the droid bionic and he told me they are having a hard time with the device and they are possibly thinking about scrapping the device all together. Now this is coming from the mouth of a verizon rep so i do not know how much truth is in this but just thought i would share.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I think he is half right they were going to scrap it due to hardware issues with the processor. But they swapped that out and should be out August September ish

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's probably talking about the Etna Bionic which was scrapped but the Targa Biomic is still on. It even has it's own Verizon sign up page. Verizon wouldn't do that for a phone they scrapped.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was at a corporate store last Wednesday, when I told him the Droid 3 was available and would be in stores by Friday, he told me "no way, that won't be out till the 3rd quarter". They are some of the most un-informed sales reps ever. Maybe he didn't realize July is the third quarter or maybe he just wanted to make a sale.

OP
W

wjchisholm86

Reaction score
He's probably talking about the Etna Bionic which was scrapped but the Targa Biomic is still on. It even has it's own Verizon sign up page. Verizon wouldn't do that for a phone they scrapped.

This may be what he was talking about. Normally the information I receive from him is spot on he is not just a tech rep or a store rep he works as a rep with the Verizon trade shows and retail events. I personally did not know about the different Bionics. Thanks for the info!

Sgtsmokdu

Reaction score
gotta love how VZW reps dont even bother to keep up with the tech sites.

if any of the corporate store employees in Decatur AL tell me that the sky is blue, im gonna look out the window to see for myself, they dont know their head from a hole in the ground!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
And yet it would not surprise me if we never see the Bionic. They killed the first one and scrambled to get another phone destined for future release tested and labeled as Bionic. The marketing guys are running this and pushing this phone out. Even if it does come out I suspect it will be buggy crap. Hopefully I am wrong but I don't have a good feeling about Bionic.

janson745

Reaction score
It even has it's own Verizon sign up page. Verizon wouldn't do that for a phone they scrapped.

my thinking as well

I am no troll, I am probably the MOST excited for this phone. I have been (not so) patiently waiting since December when it was announced - but yeah, Motorola had the exact same site up back then to sign up. And that one was scrapped.

I am just really counting on the August 4th date we have all heard. I dont know how much longer my OG Droid can last...

Derekweb

Reaction score
Verizon reps will say anything to get a sale TODAY. They also update your account with options you clearly declined, leaving you spending hours on the phone getting it straightened out.