Droid Bionic Launching August 4th?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Based on how huge the Droid1 was for Motorola, they'd be kinda dimwitted to lock the Bionic...because it has the potential to be HUGE!!...

:);):icon_eek::);)

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Been patiently waiting for this phone. My D1 is almost useless as any alert makes it stay on and the battery dies in about an hour. August 4th or not, I'm in. Good to finally see some kind of release date though.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Based on how huge the Droid1 was for Motorola, they'd be kinda dimwitted to lock the Bionic...because it has the potential to be HUGE!!...

Got a feelin,ur gonna use that word(dimwitted) again aug 4 or whenever its released.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Been patiently waiting for this phone. My D1 is almost useless as any alert makes it stay on and the battery dies in about an hour. August 4th or not, I'm in. Good to finally see some kind of release date though.
Hey x, good to hear from you again Bro...hope your business is taking off...;)

Got a feelin,ur gonna use that word(dimwitted) again aug 4 or whenever its released.

Let's hope not.... because I don't want to be the one labeled that for waiting and being disappointed. Even if it were locked though, I have a feeling it'll still be smokin' fast and stable regardless, and that's all we'd need besides theming it our flavor...;)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey x, good to hear from you again Bro...hope your business is taking off...;)

Let's hope not.... because I don't want to be the one labeled that for waiting and being disappointed. Even if it were locked though, I have a feeling it'll still be smokin' fast and stable regardless, and that's all we'd need besides theming it our flavor...;)
Question-is this device gonna have the 4400 or the 4460?

sranger

Reaction score
You guys have to be patient. It takes time to load all of that crapware and bog the system down with Blur. Once all of the crapware is settled, it takes even more time to lock the bootloader down so that you cannot remove all of that wonderful crapware that took so much time a effort to cram into the phone....

You guys act like people would actually prefer a fast, efficient, easy to customize smart phone like the original Droid....

You just to not get how much better a locked down battery sucking bloatware laden smart phone really is...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys have to be patient. It takes time to load all of that crapware and bog the system down with Blur. Once all of the crapware is settled, it takes even more time to lock the bootloader down so that you cannot remove all of that wonderful crapware that took so much time a effort to cram into the phone....

You guys act like people would actually prefer a fast, efficient, easy to customize smart phone like the original Droid....

You just to not get how much better a locked down battery sucking bloatware laden smart phone really is...

i'm still getting it. i'll be happy having a good phone regardless of whether its locked down or not. the only way it will be a fail for me, if its another TB haha

mike02vr6

Reaction score
man oh man!!!! I hope this is true! Could our wait finally be over?

jimmydene84

Reaction score
What's gonna happen if the bootloader is locked?? Will all the hype have been worth it??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

YES!!
don't be a troll!

Believe me when I say, I'm defiantly no troll. Just curious if that would deter anyone from getting it? Even if it is, the specs of the phone should make it a beast regardless.

jimmydene84

Reaction score

i'm still getting it. i'll be happy having a good phone regardless of whether its locked down or not. the only way it will be a fail for me, if its another TB haha

It very well could be. Or it could have no issues at all, or since most of it is new technology, it could be 10 times worse! We will see. But I hope u guys get a trouble free phone straight outta the box! :)

Detonation

Reaction score

The Droid 1 was huge to the majority of the public because it was the first mainstream, advertised Android phone. Being unlocked may have made it huge in the dev community, but that community is a very small percentage of the total users. An unlocked device isn't a really a mass marketable feature...the majority of people won't care, let alone know what it even means.

That's from January...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
deleted by me

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

The Droid 1 was huge to the majority of the public because it was the first mainstream, advertised Android phone. Being unlocked may have made it huge in the dev community, but that community is a very small percentage of the total users. An unlocked device isn't a really a mass marketable feature...the majority of people won't care, let alone know what it even means.

I think you underestimate what rooting the Droid did for Motorola and VZW in regards to keeping the D1 such a huge phone for so long.
Just curious if you have that info showing that rooted Droids are only a tiny percentage of all Droids that were in VZW's system...??;)

I think the evidence points to that. Almost every D1 dev is on DF I think. DF has about 200,000 members, all of which are not rooted, in fact the mods have stated multiple times that they believe more members are unrooted then rooted. So if we give the benefit of the doubt and say there are 5 times more lurkers then registered members, or 1,000,000 lurkers who are ALL rooted (as you and I both know, that's highly doubtful haha) that'd still be barely more then 1% of Verizon's customer base. So I think it's a safe bet that the amount of rooted phones are minuscule in comparison to the whole :icon_ banana: