Droid Bionic Lapdock

LawHawg

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting the lapdock for the Bionic, at $300 though it is a bit much. Since it is considered an accessory I thought my corporate discount would have worked making the price a little more bearable. I called customer service and was told this wasn't true. Has anyone been able to use their corporate discount to buy it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

portlandjosh

Reaction score
I can't seen to find anyone selling this thing for less than $299. Anyone know where or how I can pick one up for less?

OP
L

LawHawg

Reaction score
Customer service told me two things. If you buy two other accessories you can get a discount and if you go to a $50 a month data plan you will get a $100 rebate. I still think a corporate discount should work... I might go to a store and see if they can make it work. Customer service said no one else had asked that question, it took them almost 25 minutes to figure it out.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Well the Verizon store near me sells them for $199.

GBH2

Reaction score
I've been mulling over the lapdock as well, but I'm with you guys.. I can't justify paying that kind of money for it. I think I'll wait until the Lapdock 100 comes out, should be in the next month or so, and I'll see how I feel then.

Lapdock 100 - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

I do like my lapdock a lot but I think you are doing the right thing by waiting. The Lapdock 100 looks great. It looks like a big improvement over the original. I might just have to buy it when it comes out too.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score

WTF? Mine, and I assumed everywhere it was $299. I wanted to get one but Im not paying $300. I get 25% corporate discount and have heard some ppl here getting that through the 800 number so Im giving that a shot.

Reaction score

My Verizon stores here in Hawaii only offers the $199 if you downgrade from the unlimited data to one of their tiered data plans. I paid the full $299

eddial

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Lapdock 100 will be different in any way other than 1.5 inches smaller on the display and a nicer looking keyboard? I'm assuming that the Bionic lapdock will not be compatible with the Razr/Spyder coming out tomorrow either? I'm within my 14 days and wondering if I should send it back.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It looks like it also has a connection cable, which means you could connect your phone while its in a case instead of it having to fit onto a dock.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Lapdock 100 will be different in any way other than 1.5 inches smaller on the display and a nicer looking keyboard? I'm assuming that the Bionic lapdock will not be compatible with the Razr/Spyder coming out tomorrow either? I'm within my 14 days and wondering if I should send it back.

The Bionic lapdock is only for the Bionic, but the Lapdock 100 is supposed to be compatible with not only the Bionic, but future Droids as well. That's the reason I'm holding off until that's released. I'm happy with my Bionic (I better be, it's waaaay too late to take it back for me), so I wanna wait till the Lapdock 100 comes out before I decide if I want that accessory.

s.floydjr

Reaction score
I have the Bionic lapdock and I don't use it like I thought I would. I've only used it once when I took a vacation to a 4g area. I would like to sell it if anyone is interested?

rbastic

Reaction score
My sole purpose behind getting the bionic was to get the lapdock as well. I have a mega tower at home, and instead of getting a tablet that I would get aggravated at if i wanted to type a report or email. With the lapdock I take it where I want when I want have full access to all the files I need via my bionic, and best part I think is that it keeps a good charge not only for my bionic but the lapdock as well... The only thing I wish I could do with it that I can't is video calls.. I guess they weren't thinking about webcam capabilities when they built it.. Over all top of the line tablet out there is the toshiba in my book, dual processor, 1gb ram, Android os, what does it have that my bionic and lapdock Don't?

dB Zac

Reaction score
the issue isnt specs, more so the operating systems. the android tablets are running one system that is optimized for small devices will minimal RAM. the webtop app is a second system sharing ram with android. there are hacks to make it better but some days wish it ran ice cream sandwich onlyand switched from phone to tablet os when docked in lapdock