Droid Bionic, Iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 or Google Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Nimazahir, Jul 27, 2011.

1. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

Really wanted the DX2.5 errr Bionic..but these moto sh*tbags are giving me more of a reason to look elsewhere for a better phone.
  2. BlacknTan

BlacknTan New Member

Not interested in an iphone. All these apple lawsuits have permanently turned me off to them (though honestly I wasn't that big a fan to begin with).

I'm buying the first dual-core 4g phone that gets released to Verizon. My og Droid has been a trooper, but it needs to go.
  3. T.Hitch

T.Hitch New Member

Tell you what.. The first dual core LTE phone on big red gets my money. This Bionic crap has been going on way to long. It wouldn't be so bad if Verizon or Moto would just come out with the scoop on what's going on. Not just "It's still coming" It's been coming since January. Has any phone been this long to come out?

And yes I have been a OG Droid from day one.
  4. Liderc

Liderc New Member

If you guys don't think Google isn't Apple or Microsoft, you're highly mistaken. They rule the ad world with a steel gavel and the weird thing is, no one seems to notice their monopoly.
  5. T.Hitch

T.Hitch New Member

We all have to remember that the newest and greatest phone you buy, in 2 months someone else will have a better one.
  6. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 New Member

SGSII looks like it will lack HDMI out, so its out for me...

Ill probably go with the Bionic because I won't want to wait for the Prime or the iP5...

I have been on a rooted and modded OG Droid since the beginning, and Android is tough to beat, but I think a jailbroken iP5 could give it a run for its money... price will also play a part. Most new iPhones releases are 199 on contract while the Bionic will be 299.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

Not to be an SG2 supporter since ive been a pro bionic anticipater.. samsung has an hdmi workaround with their charging cable to hdmi
  8. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 New Member

Good to know. I wasn't aware of that. SGSII would definitely be back in play as I love the Samsung screens.

9. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 New Member

One big advantage to the Bionic that I see... is due to its expected popularity, I think it will get a lot more attention from the developer community, than other phones. So it could be similar to the D1 from the standpoint of having the most rooting options, mods, roms, kernels etc to choose from.

10. portermac

portermac New Member

I totally agree. I think it will get a lot of love. And don't forget it will have everything a phone can have just about. Maybe not the best of everything but I have a feeling after messing with the D3, the Bionic will rock the Droid world.
  11. Liderc

Liderc New Member

I meant to go check out the D3 in person today, but forgot to run by Verizon. Seems like a lot of people are suggesting it's performance should be similar to the Bionics.
  12. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

I disagree; the Droid came completely unlocked, and it was the first truly formidable mainstream Android phone... not many other comparable options when it first came out. Those three factors made it the "go to" phone for custom development.

The Bionic will be popular but completely dwarfed by the SII, globally speaking. Cyanogen is already releasing nightly builds for the SII, and it's not even available in the U.S. yet.

Keep in mind, the Motorola Droid/Milestone sold 1.05 million units in the first 75 days of sales. The Galaxy SII sold 5 million units in 85 days.
  13. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Man the GSII is so thin, that thing is nice. Is that a physical button on the bottom though, like the Iphone's?
  14. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

I disagree. Domestically the Bionic will probably be much more popular on Verizon than whatever the SGSII Verizon phone ends up being.

And comparing what the Droid1 sold at the very beginning of the Android renaissance to what the SGSII sold when the Android world was tens of millions strong isn't exactly and apples-to-apples comparison.

Brandon
  15. Trusstopher

Trusstopher DF Super Moderator

16. wseyller

wseyller Member

Bionic or SGSII. Don't know the full specs of either so who knows. Although the phone I get must be 4g which puts the bionic in the lead for me until we know about the SGSII.

I wouldn't even trade my droid 1 for an iphone 5 right now. Iphone sucks.
  17. Nimazahir

Nimazahir New Member

Are you joking about the OG droid being better than the iphone
  18. wseyller

wseyller Member

Well value wise yes it is better than the OG droid. I would trade to sell the iphone for more money and get a better android phone. If I was forced to stick with one or the other I would take my OG droid any day because of the fact that I absolutely hate Iphone OS.
  19. wcollins73

wcollins73 New Member

I wouldn't say iphone sucks. I wanted it to come to verizon for a long time, but when the OG Droid came, I couldn't care less about the iphone. Now I'm to entrenched into the google ecosystem to even consider it.

For me it's GSII with LTE over Bionic. If not, I gotta wait to find the Bionic at a discounted price. $300 is too much.:icon_eek:
  20. wseyller

wseyller Member

LTE is a MUST for me . An LTE compatible GSII would entice me more with an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
disassembled galaxy s2
galaxy nexus circuit board

galaxy s2 circuit board

galaxy s2 cpu

galaxy s2 pcb

nexus 4 vs droid bionic
pcb galaxy fit
pcb of galaxy s2
smartphone circuit board
statschippack customers