droid bionic in call volume

mjfitch6

Reaction score
HELP! more than 70% of the in-coming calls i get i can hardly hear a word people are saying...they sound so faint, but if i put the call on speaker, it's clear. i can't always put people on speaker, but i can't hear people. i have the ringtone volume turned up all the way, but is there a way to turn up the "in-call" volume in settings???

deduct

Reaction score
Try ' quick settings' app in market place. I had same problem till i found this. with the volume control settings it allows you to turn up the system volume.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

don_droid

Reaction score
An easy way if you have not done it yet, is to use the volume rocker while in a call. After you anwser you can up the volume. This only works while in a call.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
An easy way if you have not done it yet, is to use the volume rocker while in a call. After you anwser you can up the volume. This only works while in a call.

I would try this and if you still can't hear, it might be time to call tech support. I have a 50% hearing loss and can carry on a conversation with no problem as long as the volume is at full blast, so anyone with close to normal hearing should have no issues.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I have found that the earpiece volume on my Bionic is very loud i have set it to about 40% and if I get a loud talker i still turn it down a bit more.My Dx2 had that problem with incoming calls being too faint i thought it was my hearing but this phone has no problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
I have found that the earpiece volume on my Bionic is very loud i have set it to about 40% and if I get a loud talker i still turn it down a bit more.....
Agreed. The earpiece volume on my Bionic is very loud. I usually keep it at 30-40%. I would speculate the OP has a hardware issue over a software one.

tennvol

Reaction score
Try turning off voice privacy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Agreed. The earpiece volume on my Bionic is very loud. I usually keep it at 30-40%. I would speculate the OP has a hardware issue over a software one.

I have decent hearing and find the Bionic has a very loud ear/rear speaker, I also keep mine around 40% or less. My wife keeps hers at 90%, me and anyone within 20ft can enjoy her entire conversation:blink:. Side effect of working around industrial printers without ear protection for over 10 years, but her hearing is just fine according to her lol

azdrifter

Reaction score
I have decent hearing and find the Bionic has a very loud ear/rear speaker, I also keep mine around 40% or less. My wife keeps hers at 90%, me and anyone within 20ft can enjoy her entire conversation:blink:. Side effect of working around industrial printers without ear protection for over 10 years, but her hearing is just fine according to her lol

Haha LOL :p:icon_ lala: