Droid Bionic heading towards Verizon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Backnblack, Jan 5, 2011.

1. cb2000a

cb2000a Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At this point it is highly likely I will pay the etf and go back to ATT as it is obvious they are going to have the killer Android phone.

2. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ....That conference blew.

3. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
  4. hypura

hypura Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heres whats going on in my head. If no Dual-core phone that is better than the Bionic is announced by Q2, I'll probably get the Bionic. Yes, the Atrix is better than the Bionic in terms of RAM and accessories, the Bionic is still has the better carrier and camera.

I'll admit I feel forced, though, since there is a bit of lack of selection.

5. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what's floating in MY brain. No release dates for phones, no pricing plans for the data packages/4g plans, they refuse to comment on tethering, The Samsung device they released doesnt have a name. Just "Samsung 4g LTE device", the conference was a bore. The speakers seemed full of themselves, The Droid Bionic is 512MB ram instead of 1gb..even with a dual core. Verizon Wireless also has cancelled the New Every Two AND the idea of an annual early upgrade earlier this week.

Verizon is already a top contender for "Who Had The Worst 2011"

I'm FULLY prepared for Tmobile & AT&T to now take jabs at Verizon for jumping the 4g gun...yet not even have a pricing plan available.

Crying Wolf at it's finest.

"Hey...we have 4g...but...it wont be available until we release the pricing plans..which...we can't discuss".

6. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "look we have phones prepared for our 4g commercials that we started broadcasting in November of 2010.. But.. We wont have a device in your hand until.. 2nd Quarter 2011. But we dont quite have the rates, and data packages available"

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,438

they have it...you tell me they dont know "how much" they gonna gouge customers for 4g phones in areas where 4g is not fully integrated. They probably did not want to kill the hype so early by saying the price. Cuz if they would have announced that even though they charge the most of any carrier and they plan on gouging us some more, then the party would have been over right then.

8. Steviebster

Steviebster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Verizon brought Motorola Mobility Chief Executive Sanjay Jha on stage to show two 4G devices, including the Droid Bionic smartphone and Xoom tablet, both of which run Google's Android software and have dual-core processors. The Bionic launches in February, but won't run on 4G until an update comes in the second quarter. The Xoom also launches in the second quarter"

Also in the interest of competition:

LAS VEGAS -- Verizon Wireless and Sprint will start selling Windows Phone 7s by the end of June.
    In his keynote Wednesday night, Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said the software would be ready for Verizon and Sprint. Today, I spoke with Aaron Woodman, director of the mobile communications business atr Microsoft, who said devices would be ready on both networks by June 30.

Both of these news items are in today's (1/6) Seattle Times paper.

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    The conference blew because you were expecting something different. I said a while back that it wouldn't be anything earth shattering. It NEVER is and I didn't expect this year to be any different.

So remember this for next year when it rolls around again : )

10. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bionic and XOOM dates are backwards. The XOOM comes out in February, with a future update for 4G and the Bionic in Q2 (betting April).

Sent from my Droid

11. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Break out the torches! It's all CK's fault! :icon_ devil:

12. Kineo

Kineo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i hope 4g doesn't cost more the $10 more then 3g