Droid Bionic heading towards Verizon

vernontwg

Reaction score
OMG. I want this!!!! I got my Droid X in September, any chance i'll get an early upgrade offer around march-ish?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
OK.....I am ready...this is the holy grail of phones for me. I cannot wait to see it in action!

joker402

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today unveiled DROID™ BIONIC, a powerful new Android™ smartphone.

Packing a dual core processor with each core running at 1GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power, and 512 MB RAM, the sleekly designed DROID BIONIC smartphone with 4G LTE delivers a mobile Internet experience that's up to 10 times faster than 3G. This means consumers can stream their favorite music and the latest TV shows with unparalleled quality experience. DROID BIONIC also races through loading of complex web pages and media that take advantage of Adobe® Flash® Player and HTML5, rendering graphics faster than previous generation single-core devices.

Motorola's DROID BIONIC gives new meaning to the word "socialize" by delivering multiple ways for customers to stay connected. With the device's front-facing VGA camera and See What I See video feature, consumers can share experiences – either via Wi-Fi or 4G – with family, friends and co-workers. A rear-facing 8-megapixel camera also allows consumers to capture their favorite pictures and videos.

DROID BIONIC's multiplayer gaming capabilities allow consumers to challenge friends to live peer-to-peer gaming, viewed through the device's 4.3-inch qHD quality screen that delivers console-quality graphics. DROID BIONIC's HDMI connectivity also enables consumers to connect the device to their HD televisions to experience their favorite games, as well as purchased HD content, in full 1080p. And for multi-taskers, DROID 4G's Mirror Mode function enables simultaneous streaming of video to the TV and on the device.

As a fully featured work device, DROID BIONIC comes equipped with corporate email, remote wipe and data security and encryption capabilities IT departments appreciate. DROID BIONIC also features productivity tools such as Quickoffice® for document review and editing, full calendar management, one-click access to conference calling, and a full suite of Google applications and services.

"DROID BIONIC brings to life the speed and power of Verizon's 4G LTE network, giving consumers an unrivaled mobile experience," said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. "Whether downloading movies in minutes, connecting with friends or co-workers through video conferencing, or blazing through the Internet, Motorola's DROID BIONIC is what the 4G LTE experience is all about."

"DROID BIONIC is the epitome of speed, providing consumers with instantaneous access to their personal and work content, anytime and anyplace," said Alain Mutricy, senior vice president of portfolio and device product management, Motorola Mobility. "By combining such a powerful mobile device with the performance and capabilities of Verizon's 4G LTE network, we're empowering consumers to define how they want to live their mobile lifestyles."

The bold means they didnt lie if its real lol.

mack19318

Reaction score
Thank god I saved my upgrade!! Can't wait!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
Nice phone. Too bad the bootloader will most likely be locked :( I'm out

detoXatappin on my X

altimax98

Reaction score
I could be way outta line with this one, but I think that the Bionic will NOT have blur.... Heres a few reasons why:

1: in the other screen shots blur has a white notification bar.. the bionic has a black one (like android 2.3)
2: No blur icons?
3: Look closely at the logo on the back. the Cliq2 and Atrix has the BLUR logo on them. The Bionic says "with GOOGLE" like our D1 says :)

Last edited:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Kinda wished it was 4" instead of 4.3" and having 512MB of RAM kinda annoyed me. I hope the same 1930 mAh battery is in this phone. Also, the same accessories.

Edit: Looks like it does have the 1GB of RAM! Now just to find out about the battery.

Last edited:

Sports1131

Reaction score
This will almost certainly be my next phone if it's 1 GB of RAM instead of 512 MB. Conflicting data out there.

1 GB:

DROID BIONIC BY Motorola - Android Social Smartphone - - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

512 MB:

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Pre...st-Advanced-4G-Network-353e.aspx?pubid=987654

I'm a little disappointed though that this is only going to be available in Q2 2011. I've been waiting to upgrade from my BlackBerry Tour for awhile now and it's frustrating to know it will be a few more months. I'm also a little uncertain about whether I prefer this phone or AT&T Atrix. The bigger screen and better camera is nice, but the docks and fingerprint reader have some appeal to me as well. I really can't see myself going to another carrier though unless LTE pricing is ridiculous.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Can the bionic do the desktop mod thing? really wish it had the 1gb of ram

Sports1131

Reaction score
I could be way outta line with this one, but I think that the Bionic will NOT have blur.... Heres a few reasons why:

1: in the other screen shots blur has a white notification bar.. the bionic has a black one (like android 2.3)
3: Look closely at the logo on the back. the Cliq2 and Atrix has the BLUR logo on them. The Bionic says "with GOOGLE" like our D1 says :)

Maybe even more encouraging is this image:

Motorola-Xoom-Droid-Bionic-Atrix-4G-Cliq-2-CES.jpg

They specifically mentioned MOTOBLUR for the Cliq 2 but not the Bionic.

altimax98

Reaction score

Maybe even more encouraging is this image:

Motorola-Xoom-Droid-Bionic-Atrix-4G-Cliq-2-CES.jpg

They specifically mentioned MOTOBLUR for the Cliq 2 but not the Bionic.

yes and the cliq2 and atrix both have logos

jbdow

Reaction score
Well, sure looks nice - but i can live with my d2g. for awhile.