Droid Bionic hacking and such

Zantillian

Reaction score
Hey im fairly new to this forum and this is my first post even though ive been following most of all of you guys' work. I decided to post this in the Roms forum cuz i like you rom guys. Even though this does cover a general hacking/rom topic.
I have a Rooted Droid Bionic with 5.5.886. I had safestrap but switched back to bootstrap. From what ive been reading, ive seen a lot of talk about the 5.5.886 update, the 5.7.886 update, 5.5.893 updates, leaked updates, and yadda yadda lol. Also, ive heard about foreverroot/cheesecake.
My question is what are your thoughts on these? What update or leaked update should i be using for your roms? Should i install foreverroot? Thanks so much for your patience :happy3:

safety

Reaction score
I vote for sticking with the ota path personally. There is uncertainty as to getting back on the upgrade path after using some leaked updates. Just my two cents.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FourFive

Reaction score
I vote for sticking with the ota path personally. There is uncertainty as to getting back on the upgrade path after using some leaked updates. Just my two cents.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more at this point and time.

Definitely forever root it makes it so you can hold root when you do get an OTA. Just make sure you make backups of your stock forever root so you can flash back to it when you need to get an OTA since you cant update when your not stock. Just keep poking around there is a lot of information around the boards, I personally use Bionic Bootstrap Recovery for my backups.

Last edited: