Droid bionic EXTERNAL qwerty?

oDECREEx

Reaction score
I myself went from D1, to Dx to the Bionic.. and the one and only thing that I miss about the OG, was the physical keyboard.. I would LOVE for someone to get together and make an accessory for the Bionic that you could clip on or something that was a qwerty keyboard.. lemme know what you (the forums) think about this.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Booooo, although... only thing I'd like it for is playing games

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
O

oDECREEx

Reaction score
I thought it would be a great idea because I really like physical keyboards for some reason

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Try a small bluetooth keyboard... it doesn't clip onto the phone but that bugger comes in handy... I've got the freedom pro at home... it's huge but it folds into a case to take to work and has a cool little phone stand that slides into the keyboard for storage... found it on ebay... also I have another little one I keep in the car... it's about the same size as the phone... I sit in the car waiting for the wife and the phone is docked in the charger... with my little keyboard and bluetooth mouse I can browse and chat and text like crazy... I'm like you... I kinda like the keyboard better than the touchscreen... search ebay for android bluetooth keyboard and you'll see a bunch of choices

OP
O

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Ha thanks man. I just wish I could find one that clips on the back like a hard snap on case like for the iphone. That'd be way cool. But thanks! Im gonna look that up soon!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's also the Lapdock, which adds a screen as well as a keyboard.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Why didn't you just get the Droid 4 if you wanted the physical keyboard?

Also for games, you're better off buying a PS3 controller and pairing it to your phone via bluetooth. The app Sixaxis even has the ability to map buttons to virtual screen presses, allowing you to play any game with virtual controls, with your controller.

jhom

Reaction score
A Freedom Pro BT keyboard would do the trick, but it is probably a bit larger than you want. I've been using one when I need a portable keyboard setup. It works fine with the Bionic via BT. Now that I'm getting a lapdock 500, the Freedom Pro will probably go up on ebay for sale.