Droid Bionic Car Dock

wolflaurelmike

Reaction score
Is there a way to use an extended battery in the Bionic and still use the Motorola car dock?

tpearson25

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and a thin case that fits into the Motorola car dock. It is a tight fit but does work.

crimattyple

Reaction score
You can use it but you need to take of any holster/case you have on it. It has to fit in the dock "naked".

adlerrot

Reaction score
remove back for dock fit

Hi have the same problem. Even after the dock insert is removed the extended battery I have won't fit. However for long drives I just take off the back. Then it fits fine.

Last edited:

jagibbons

Reaction score
Works with Shell/Holster Combo

The Bionic shell/holster combo that is sold from Verizon is designed to fit either the standard or extended battery. Also, the multimedia dock and car dock are designed to fit the phone with that shell case attached. It isn't the prettiest case, but since it fits into the multimedia dock and the car dock, that is why I used that case when I had a Bionic.

OP
W

wolflaurelmike

Reaction score
Car dock

The Bionic shell/holster combo that is sold from Verizon is designed to fit either the standard or extended battery. Also, the multimedia dock and car dock are designed to fit the phone with that shell case attached. It isn't the prettiest case, but since it fits into the multimedia dock and the car dock, that is why I used that case when I had a Bionic.

When I called Verizon they stated that the phone will not fit with the extended battery.

tpearson25

Reaction score
I have shell/holster combo with extended battery and it fits car dock. It also fits my desk dock. It is a tight fit but will fit. It may depend on the size of the extended battery. I bought mine from Verizon a while back.

OP
W

wolflaurelmike

Reaction score
I solved the issue with the car dock. I bought the Motorola 8X extended battery and discovered that the car dock has a sleeve that comes out. This allows the extended battery with cover to fit in the dock. With the extended battery fully charged I let it sit on the counter overnight and the battery was only down 10%.